We love healthy snacks. Something else we also love? Being able to pronounce all of the ingredients in our healthy snacks.
Which brings us to this healthy homemade granola recipe we created, featuring all natural, good-for-you ingredients, taking the guess work out of what you're putting into your body. Whip up a big batch and use it all throughout the week—on smoothies, Greek yogurt, fruit parfaits, oatmeal, or even just alone with some ice-cold almond milk. (We've also been known to keep a bag of it on our purse for late afternoon snack attacks.)
This granola stores wonderfully in airtight jars in the fridge, helping keep it fresh for at least several weeks (but trust us, you won't be able to keep it around that long without devouring).
Another idea: share the Womanista love and make an extra batch for a friend! Pour the granola in a cute mason jar, tie a lovely little bow around the lid and TA DA! You've got yourself an easy and delicious surprise for the healthy Womanista in your life.
- 1 c. old fashion rolled oats
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/3 c. chopped cashews
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1/3 c. coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao
- 1 tbs honey or agave (or more, depending on if you like sweeter granola)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Himalyan sea salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the oats, chopped nuts and cranberries in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the oil, vanilla, protein, cacao, cinnamon and honey/agave; melt in on medium heat just until it begins to bubble a little, then remove from heat.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture while mixing continuously; mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick coconut oil. Then spread the granola out evenly, making sure it's all in one layer. Lastly, sprinkle the sea salt all over.
- Put the oats in the oven for 8-10 minutes (10 minutes if you like crunchier, toastier oats.)
- Let cool; divide into mason jars with airtight lids. Enjoy!