Over the weekend, the sad news was revealed that Hollywood icon Jerry Lewis had passed away. Now, his publicist has revealed that he was planning a return to the stage before he passed.
While speaking to CNN, Candi Cazau explained, "[Lewis] had been slightly ill and spent time in a local hospital but came home was planning on making some on-stage live appearances in the future.
"Things turned rather quickly, unfortunately," she added.
The news anchor says that planning a return to the stage sounds very much in character for the comedy legend.
"He had plans to go back to New York to do a stage show appearance and also had plans in Las Vegas as well, returning to the stage in 2018," Cazau said.
As was earlier reported, Lewis passed away on Sunday at the age of 91.
Las Vegas Review-Journal writer John Katsilometes tweeted out, "Very sad to report entertainment legend Jerry Lewis has died today at 9:15 a.m. at his home in Las Vegas."
He then added Lewis' family's official statement which read, "Legendary entertainer [Jerry Lewis] passed away peacefully today of natural causes at 91 at his home w/ family by his side."
Lewis was recognized as one of the greatest comedians of all time. A few of his more notable films include Cinderfella, The Nutty Professor, The King of Comedy, The Bellboy and The Disorderly Orderly. His final film was the 2016 drama film, Max Rose.
Additionally, he was one-half of legendary comedy team Martin and Lewis (alongside Dean Martin) and he was also very well-known for his Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon specials.
Those famous star-studded telethons raised money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.