If the holidays are one of your favorite times of year, and if you enjoy listening to Christmas music as soon as you turn off the lights on your front porch from trick-or-treating, you know how holiday stress can ruin the magic of the season. Here are some great quick and easy dinners that will make your holiday season just a little bit more manageable.
1. Slow Cooker Apple Pulled Pork: For tender, mouthwatering pulled pork, try this Slow Cooker Apple Pulled Pork recipe. The apple tangy cider vinegar and sweet apple juice complement each other nicely in this soon-to-be family favorite! Try it on a whole-wheat bun with a dash of barbecue sauce; we promise you won’t be disappointed! Click here for the recipe.
2. Whole-Wheat Penne with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce: This low-calorie, high-protein comfort food meal will soon be a favorite in your household! The cheese and sun-dried tomatoes come together for a creamy, perfectly blended sauce the kids and hubby will love. No one will ever know it’s healthy! Click here for the recipe.
3. Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole: To make sure the kids get their daily dose of veggies, whip up this yummy and simple casserole. You can even make leftovers to freeze and reheat another busy night. Click here to see the recipe.
4. Salmon and Ravioli: This dish is fancy and tastes like it should be served in a five-star restaurant. You can really make it with any type of pasta but the cheesiness of the ravioli just adds that comfort-food factor that is so prevalent during the holiday season. The sprinkling of the Parmesan cheese brings it all together. While ravioli isn't a dish we should be eating often, this bit of indulgence mixed with healthy and nutrient-dense salmon is a well-deserved dish. Click here for the recipe.
5. Hearty Skinny Cheeseburger Soup: Imagine the cheeseburger-filled days of summer translated into a comforting soup version for winter! We’re certain that everyone in your house will request this during the holidays. At only 207 calories for a cup of soup, you’ll be happy to make this recipe again and again. Click here to check it out.
Add these five quick and easy dishes into your holiday recipe box, and we guarantee your family will put you at the top of their thankful list this year!