When you've been struggling with your health, sometimes you want to just give up. Living a healthy lifestyle isn't easy, especially when there are unhealthy temptations lurking at every turn. When you feel your willpower start to slip, reference this list and be inspired to choose the healthy path!
1. It's good for you. We all know that healthy eating is good for you. Your body needs the nutrients that healthy food can provide.
2. You'll strengthen your immune system.
3. It can help you lose weight. It's often said that abs are made in the kitchen — not the gym! Keep that in mind next time you're hitting the drive though instead of cooking.
4. You'll respect yourself more.
5. You'll have more energy. Eating right is a great way to give your body a natural boost of energy and power, especially if you compare it to the sluggishness you'll feel after eating junk food.
6. You'll be more motivated to hit the gym. Need extra gym motivation? Here are 50 reason why you should exercise.
7. You'll be more productive. Just like your body, your brain needs fuel, too! Give it the nutrients it needs so you can get things done.
8. There's a lower risk of having stroke.
9. You can try new things. There are tons of healthy ingredients out there to try! Hit up a farmer's market and pick up something new.
10. You will no longer be a slave to your scale.
11. Fresh and whole foods support our farmers and local growers.
12. Your kids will learn to be healthy. We know kids learn from watching. If you're enjoying healthy foods,, they'll pick up your healthy habits.
13. You'll gain muscle. People who want to build up muscle think it's an excuse to eat everything in sight. However, if you aren't eating healthy, you'll only be building up fat.
14. Your cooking skills will improve.
15. You'll be able to do more. Eating right means you'll be healthier, have more energy and lose weight. Put all that together and you'll be able to do more fun and adventurous things that you may not have been able to do before.
16. You won't be as stressed. Cortisol is a chemical in the body that can cause stress. Healthy foods with vitamin C, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids can reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol to keep you calm. Read more about cortisol here.
17. You'll start sleeping better.
18. You can maintain a healthy weight. Whether you've lost weight or you're still trying, eating right can help you maintain your progress.
19. You can avoid sickness and disease.
20. Healthy food reduces your cravings for unhealthy foods. Once you start, you won't want to stop!
21. Healthy foods give you vital vitamins. There are certain vitamins your body needs. Fruits, veggies and other healthy foods are great sources! Check out our Glossary of Supplements to learn more.
22. It can help your eyesight. Fruits and veggies are great for fighting the two most common age-related eye diseases: cataracts and macular degeneration.
23. You will strengthen your bones. Healthy foods have calcium and that's what your bones need to stay strong and healthy as you age.
24. You'll feel less bloated.
25. Eating naturally cuts out unnecessary sodium. Sodium is always lurking in processed foods, so eating clean will cut out a lot of sodium from your diet.
Why else should you be eating healthy? Find 25 more reasons on the next page.
26. It's good for your bowels. If you suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, fruits and veggies are a great way to control and maintain your digestion.
27. You'll lose that annoying belly pooch.
28. Your clothes will fit better.
29. You'll know what's in your food. Making a healthy meal means you know exactly what's going into your body. You won't need to worry about what chemicals and toxins are in your food.
30. Healthy foods can improve circulation.
31. Eating healthy lowers blood pressure.
32. You'll have less menstrual issues. Healthy eating can help to improve some of the negative symptoms that come along with your monthly cycle. If skipping the drive-thru and making a salad means less cramps, it's worth it! Learn which foods help the most here.
33. Your skin will feel and look healthier. Which foods are best for clear skin? Find out here.
34. You'll like what you see in the mirror. When you're eating right, you'll start to look and feel like you've always wanted to.
35. You'll have better digestion.
36. Your physical endurance will improve.
37. You won't need to diet. Once healthy eating becomes a part of your everyday life, you won't think of it as dieting. Instead, it will just be your lifestyle.
38. Mornings will be easier for you.
39. You can avoid heart attack.
40. You'll save money. Being healthy means less doctor visits, medicine and lower healthcare costs.
41. Impress your friends. From how great you look to the delicious skinny meals you bring on ladies' night, your friends will want to know how you do it!
42. You can lower your risk of diabetes.
43. You won't be as hungry. Whole grains and protein-rich foods can keep you fuller longer. That means less snacking!
44. Your mood will improve. When you're treating your body right, you'll feel better and happier.
45. You'll feel better throughout the day.
46. You'll age better. Healthier skin, healthier bones and even more benefits come from eating healthy that you'll be thankful for as you age.
47. Work life will improve. Eating healthy means less snack break, less sick days and high productivity. See a promotion in your future?
48. Your family will be healthier. When you eat healthy, you'll be prepping healthier meals for your family.0comments
49. You'll be better equipped to fight off depression.
50. You'll live longer!