Los Angeles authorities have opened an investigation into Feldman’s claims after he filed a report on Monday, the actor-turned-activist revealed on Twitter.
“When a report is filed on something as severe as this, an investigation is opened by the robbery/homicide division (which also handles sex crimes),” LAPD detective Ross Nemeroff told The Hollywood Reporter.
Feldman, who starred in ‘80s films like Goonies and The Lost Boys, has maintained for years that he and other young actors were sexually harassed or abused while working in the industry. But until the Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey scandals opened the floodgates, the now 46-year-old kept predators’ names to himself.
Last week on The Dr. Oz Show, Feldman accused actor John Grissom of molesting him in the 1980s. It was the first time the actor publicly named any specific people after threatening to expose the darkness in the entertainment industry.
He also claims Grissom molested fellow child star Corey Haim, though the late actor’s mother denies these claims and alleges Feldman is a "scam artist."
Now, Feldman has not only filed a police report to expose his knowledge of criminal wrongdoing, he has launched a $10 million fundraising campaign to create a feature film as the “most honest and true depiction of child abuse.”
In an interview with Megyn Kelly last week, Feldman claimed his threats to expose Hollywood criminals have left him fearing for his safety. He told Kelly he has received death threats and that someone tried to kill him.
He echoed the same fear to Matt Lauer in another interview.
"I need a team of lawyers and I need a team of security to be around me at all time to keep me safe so I can get this message done," Feldman told Lauer on TODAY. "I vow that I will release every single name that I have knowledge of, period. And nobody's going to stop this."
Feldman added that he will move forward if he raises the proper funds for a full-release feature film.
Photo credit: NBC, Getty / Gabriel Olsen