A shocking new report shows that about 160 kids go to the emergency room each day due to accidental medicinal overdoses.
The report from Safe Kids Worldwide, a Washington, D.C. based non-profit, found nearly 60,000 young children around the country went to the ER for overdose related incidents in 2013.
The findings showed that the majority of the cases arose after children got ahold of pain relievers, prescription drugs, or vitamins found around the house.
“Kids will find medicine in all kinds of places,” Kate Carr, president and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide, told ABC News.
Adding that the report, researchers found that 23 percent of the affected children "were finding and getting into medicine from a pill box."
Kids were known to find pills in cabinets, in purses, and off counter tops.
“Whoever is watching over that child at that moment and that day has the responsibility of keeping all medicine out of the reach of children,” Carr cautioned.