Part of sticking to a healthy lifestyle means saving your favorite indulgent treats like ice cream for a special occasion. But what if we told you that you could still satisfy that sweet tooth of yours while eating a healthy snack? This peanut butter banana "ice cream" does the trick just as well!
With just a few ingredients you can make a healthy ice cream substitute that won't ruin your fitness and weight loss progress. Pop it in the freezer a few hours before you want to indulge and you're good to go!
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 2 teaspoons stevia (or your favorite zero-calorie sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons natural peanuts, chopped (optional topping*)
- *Optional ingredients are not included in the nutritional calculations.
Never tried PB2 before? You're in for a treat; think of it as your classic peanut butter with an extra protein boost.prevnext
- Slice bananas into 1-inch slices and transfer to a plate, separating each slice. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove bananas from freezer and transfer to a food processor along with PB2, sweetener and vanilla. Blend until it reaches the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Use a spatula to scrape off the sides. Do not over-blend.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Scoop with ice cream scooper and serve with optional chopped peanuts on top.
Per Serving: ½ of mixture
Calories from fat: 80
The nutrition content of recipes on Womanista.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.
The Metabolism-Boosting Smoothie Begging to Be Added to Your Meal Plan
We're Making Kristin Cavallari's 5 Healthy Snacks Immediately
Try These Ways to Make Your Brain Crave Healthy Food
Recipe Index: Hundreds of Low-Cal, Low-Fat Recipes