With Thanksgiving time upon us, it's likely that one or two dinner necessities might be forgotten amidst all the shopping that has to be done, prompting you to get on Thanksgiving Day to find an open supermarket.
- Whole Foods Store: Locations will have limited hours, but will be open on Thanksgiving for last minute needs. Visit its website for information about particular store hours.
- Safeway: All Safeway stores will also be open on Thanksgiving Day, but hours will vary. Check specific locations at Safeway.com.
- Wegman's: The Northeast chain of grocery stores will be open on the big day, but in-store pharmacies may be closed.
- Sprouts Farmers Markets: All locations will be open this year.
- Hannaford: The New England grocery chain will be open.
- Stop & Shop: Stop & Shop will operate normally on Thanksgiving
- Kroger: Kroger supermarkets will be open until 5 p.m.
- Schnucks: Most branches of the Midwest grocery chain will be open on Turkey day
In addition to the many supermarkets that will be open for all your last minute Thanksgiving dinner needs, many speciality and department stores will also be open at some point on Thanksgiving Day. We've provided a list of those stores below as well.
- Best Buy: Will be open from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Big Lots: Will operate as usual.
- Dollar General: Will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Target: Most stores will open on Thanksgiving starting at 6 p.m.
- GameStop: Will be open from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- JCPenney: Will be open from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kmart Stores: Will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Macy's: Will be open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Rite Aid: Most stores will be open but hours vary by location.
- Toys R Us: Will be open from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Walmart: Will be open staring at 6 p.m.
Amazon Prime Now, which delivers items within one hour for a fee will be operating as normal on Thanksgiving day.