Reporter Gets Torched By Kid Buying Fireworks

The 4th of July may be over, and the fireworks may be nothing but smoke, but the burn this kid [...]

The 4th of July may be over, and the fireworks may be nothing but smoke, but the burn this kid gave this reporter will last for decades.

The video is from a report by Fox 5 in Nevada. The reporter is doing a story on what the most popular types of fireworks are for Fourth of July celebrations.

Up Next: Five Of The Worst Injuries Ever Caused By Fireworks

He decides to ask the polite-looking young man hanging out around the fireworks stand and ends up getting torched. Metaphorically speaking.

The journalist asks, "What's the best kind of firework to buy?"

Our young fireworks enthusiast looks up from the fireworks menu in his hands and snarkily replies, "Wouldn't you like to know, Weather Boy."

The unwitting reporter, not anticipating that he'd be the one getting lit up, looks away confused as the kid just goes back to his pamphlet.

There's a chance the whole thing was a set-up, but even if it was, the kid still delivered his line like a pro.

More: Christina Aguilera's Independence Day Photos Range From Family Friendly To NSFW

While the reporter may have been the victim of a vicious verbal burn, real life fireworks can cause some pretty serious physical damage.

This is something that has been reported an innumerable amount of times throughout the decades.

In 1929, there was a report of a child putting a firecracker at the end of a stick and lighting it, subsequently blowing up into his eyeball.

Then, fairly recently, a middle-aged man in India was admitted to the hospital for a similar situation.

Looking at fireworks is obviously a crucial part of their attraction, but just make sure you watch them from a safe distance. Or, just stick to torching weathermen with sick burns.