Popular rock band Green Day is currently under fire for taking to stage to perform only moments after a man fell to his death at one of their concerts.
Up Next: Police Say New Video Supports Venus Williams In Fatal Car Crash Incident
Videos by PopCulture.com
On Saturday evening, Pedro Aunion Monroy fell roughly 100 ft. from a box that had been elevated by a crane at the Mad Cool Festival in Spain where Green Day was said to be headlining.
Shortly after Monroy’s death, Green Day took to the stage and played their set. Afterward, they came under heavy criticism for not canceling their performance.
However, Billie Joe Armstrong, the band’s singer, released a statement explaining that they were not aware of Monroy’s death when they went out, and they been, they likely would have canceled, and he added, “We are not heartless people. The safety and well being at any of our concerts absolutely comes first.”
Armstrong started his statement by detailing the series of events, and then said, “We are so sad for Pedro and his family and we pray for them in this time of grief. I can’t imagine how much suffering the friends and family are going through.”
More: Jim Ross’ Wife Jan Passes Away After Tragic Accident
He then clarified their unawareness by explaining, “Many of you are wondering why we continued to play our show after the accident. Green Day did not hear about the accident until after our show was over. We didn’t even know there was an acrobat performance at all. These festivals are huge. There are so many things happening at the same time it’s impossible to keep up with every performer/artist.”
At the end of his statement, Armstrong wrote, “What happened to Pedro is unthinkable. Once again we are heartbroken for his friends and family. and we are also shocked and heartbroken for anyone that had to witness this tragedy.”
Most Viewed
-

โReverse the Curseโ โ Back from tribal, tensions rise following the exit of a particularly historic player. The final five immunity challenge ends in a showdown and features one of the closest finishes the show has ever seen. Jeff reveals the outcomes of the remaining in-game fan votes and how they impact the final stage of the competition. Then, one castaway will be crowned Sole Survivor and awarded the $2 million prize, during the three-hour live season finale, on SURVIVOR 50, Wednesday, May 20 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on-demand for Paramount+ Premium plan subscribers, or on-demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. Jeff Probst serves as host and executive producer. Pictured: Aubry Bracco Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ยฉ2025 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.







