There are diet pitfalls everywhere and sugar is a huge one. It can be hard to avoid but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. To help you keep sugars out of your diet, we've found 16 recipes that are low in sugar but big in flavor!
1. Skinny Coconut Chicken with Sweet Thai Dipping Sauce: This meal is a taste bud overload! It's seriously tasty for only 3 grams of sugar and your little ones are sure to eat anything that looks like a chicken finger! Click here for cooking instructions.
2. Skinny Shrimp Scampi: With only 4 grams of sugar, this is a great recipe. It's low-calorie and a much lighter version than what you'd order at your favorite seafood restaurant, but just as tasty. Check out the nutrition here.
3. Quinoa Mexi-Lime Salad: This recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. With on 5 grams of sugar in each serving, you'll love this protein-packed meal! Click here to get more info.
4. Skinny Lasagna: We like to think this is the best lasagna recipe in existence, and after it's devoured by your family, you will too! It's skinny (only 7 grams of sugar) and a great meal to get the family to gather around. Check it out by clicking here.
5. Hearty Skinny Cheeseburger Soup: Enjoy a bowl of this tasty soup for 5 grams of sugar. It's a tasty way to feed the family and they'll never realize how healthy they're being. Click here for the ingredient list.
6. Chicken Tikka Masala: This is a popular dish around the world and often a cheat meal, but with this low-sugar version, you can enjoy it guilt-free! (via I Quit Sugar)
7. Skinny Turkey Enchilada Casserole: Mexican is always a hit at the dinner table. This recipe tastes amazing but is low-cal and low-sugar, so you can feel good about dishing it up! Click here to be taken to the recipe.
8. Quick Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-Fry: With only 3 grams of sugar, this Asian-inspired dish is a much healthier alternative than ordering Chinese takeout. One serving is under 200 calories and seriously tasty. See the recipe here.
Get more low-sugar suppers on the next page.
9. Cheesy Twice-Baked Potato & Broccoli Casserole: This recipe, with only 240 calories and 5 grams of sugar per serving, is a simple way to satisfy your twice-baked lovers with an easy dish for everyone to share! Plus, broccoli and cheddar? Was there ever a more savory combination? See it here.
10. Skinny Lemon Chicken: This is an amazing dinner for someone watching what they eat. It's extremely low in calories and has no sugars. It's also a great source of protein! Click here to see the nutrition.
11. Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Egg-Free Lemon Aioli: This salmon dish may be full of flavor but it's not full of sugar! It's a great meal to serve up for a night with hubby. (via Sugar-Free Mom)
12. Skinny Bleu Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Burgers: Take your favorite game day appetizer and remake it into a burger! There's nothing your hubby will love more (aside from you, of course) and you'll love the low sugar count (3 grams) and 355 calories. See how it's made here.
13. Skinny Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken: This is a well-loved meal! It's great for families because it tastes amazing and is so healthy, with only 5 grams of sugar. Check it out!
14. Chicken Alfredo Pizza: Cancel your delivery because we've got something better, both in taste an nutrition! This yummy pizza only has 3 grams of sugar in a serving and will make your family full and happy! Click here to get the recipe.
15. Slow Cooked Italian Beef Brisket: This is a mouthwatering meal that you'd never guess was healthy. You'll love the ease of the slow cooker almost as much as you'll love the flavor. (via I Quite Sugar)0comments
16. Skinny Lemon Tilapia: If you’re weary of cooking fish, but like the taste, this recipe is especially for you! This no-fail fish recipe is delicious served with steamed broccoli and rice, and will be a healthy new favorite for the whole family. Plus, it has zero grams of sugar. Click here to get more nutrition info.