Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast...or even for lunch or dinner? The problem is that many pancake recipes are loaded with calories, fat and carbohydrates. Sure, once in a while it’s okay to indulge, but if you really want your pancakes more often than not, you need to find some healthier ways to make these delicious favorites. Well, worry no more. Here are six perfect pancake recipes that you and everyone in your family will truly enjoy:
1. Red Velvet Pancakes: Red velvet and pancakes go together like peanut butter and jelly. These pancakes get their red velvetiness from raspberries. And with the addition of some whole wheat flour, oat bran, vanilla and baking powder, your pancakes will be fluffy and flavorful.
2. Gluten-free Pumpkin Oat Pancakes: Even if you're not allergic to gluten, you're still going to love these pancakes. All the spices that come to mind when you think pumpkin are included like cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and allspice. Pumpkin puree, oat flour and eggs make the base of these pancakes, and when combined together, you get gloriously gluten-free pancakes.
3. Quinoa Banana Pancakes: Although quinoa is often thought of as a substitute for rice or couscous, it’s actually perfect for making pancakes. This recipe is super healthy when banana, egg whites, skim milk and whole wheat flour are all part of this easy-to-make recipe.
4. Skinny Cinnamon Toast Pancakes: Just say the words “cinnamon toast” and your family will be running to the kitchen table. Unlike other pancakes, this one relies on almond flour as its base as well as eggs, vanilla and the super health flaxseed. Topped off with some cinnamon and fruit and your family will make these pancakes a must every morning.
5. Skinny Protein Pancakes: Pancakes and protein? Yup. What’s even better is how simple these pancakes are to make. All you need are egg whites, vanilla protein powder, your milk of choice and some flaxseed and cinnamon. How’s that for protein-packed and time-efficient?
6. Mancakes: Don’t let the name fool you. Everyone will enjoy these “mancakes”. Who wouldn’t with blueberries, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla and oatmeal—every man’s favorite? These are so sweet and delicious, you and your man may not even need the syrup.
You don’t have to wait for a special Sunday brunch or a “cheat” day to enjoy pancakes. In fact, all of these recipes are filled with so many good-for-you ingredients, it would be a shame not to eat them whenever you want. In fact, it would be downright crazy not to have pancakes each and every day!