Though you should absolutely love your body in all its beautiful imperfection, there's no shame in wanting to look hot naked!
If you're planning a night of nude passion with your partner or want to feel more confident in your birthday suit, there are some easy ways to up your sex appeal in the bedroom! From beauty tips to bedroom hacks, plus some easy slimdown tricks and accessory ideas, use these simple tactics to love your body without a stitch of clothing.
If you're a little uncomfortable in the buff right now, you'll want to live nude soon enough! Just give a few of these helpful hacks a try.
1. Keep some hair. "For 90 percent of women, the triangle is the most flattering shape," says Jodi Shays, owner of Queen Bee Salon and Spa in Brentwood, California, to Allure. She says to keep your hair grooming habits proportionate to your body. "In general, the wider your hips are, the wider the top line of the triangle should be," she says.
2. Use a dry brush. Soften the skin and prevent body acne, particularly on the back, chest and booty, by moderately scrubbing your body with a dry brush. If you skin is too sensitive, exfoliate with a sponge or product to remove any dry, dead skin.
3. Ditch razor bumps. For natural solutions to those pesky bumps that often make us insecure, lather aloe vera or tea tree oil over those irritated areas to help reduce redness and heal the skin.
4. Turn off the hot water. Switching to cold water at the end of a shower can make the skin appear tighter and reduce the appearance of cellulite and wrinkles. Running an ice cube across your face can also shrink pores!
5. Caffeinate the skin. Use a lotion with caffeine to temporarily tighten jiggly spots you’re self conscious about. Creams like Shiseido Advanced Body Creator claim to tout anti-cellulite benefits, while many women say they've seen results by simply exfoliating with their used coffee grounds.
6. Debloat in the bath. InStyle contributors swear by this detox salt that requires no juices or weird concoctions. They say the 30-minute bath helped one writer shed 3 inches of water weight and feel thinner for about 48 hours.
7. Try sunless tanner. Whether you hit a VersaSpa or grab a spray or lotion from the drug store, adding a little color to your skin can help balance your complexion and hide the appearance of ridges in the skin. If you add an extra shade on the thicker parts of your body, it can help them look thinner and tighter!
8. Gift yourself a massage. Getting a professional massage can help you drain fluid from soft tissue that causes swelling of the ankles, knees and waist. Work our that swelling, relieve stress and feel looser to heat things up for a naked night!
9. Stop and drop for burpees. If you don't have time to hit the gym for a full session every day, throw two minutes of burpees into your morning routine! This cardio move lifts the heart rate to boost metabolism (aka burn more calories) and it helps strengthen the arms, core and legs.
10. Get spicy. Eating spicy foods will help boost your metabolism, helping you burn more calories throughout the day. These hot, hot, hot foods also contain serotonin which will boost your mood!
11. Squat. If you're concerned about the flatness of your booty, squats can help tone and lift it quickly! Take a note from Gigi Hadid; the model says she does 15 squats every time she passes a sticky note reminder in the kitchen. It's an easy hack to get them in (and reduce mindless snacking).
12. Drink up. You may think that drinking more water will only pack on the water weight, but the opposite is true! Staying hydrated will flush the salt from your body, which will help you debloat quickly.
13. Try yoga or pilates. Give these relaxing workouts a try for long, leaner muscles and a boost in your flexibility, which will show during your bedroom performance and skyrocket your confidence.
14. Eat debloating foods. If you're wanting to flatten your tummy fast, eat foods like banana, kiwi, melon or lemon, which are natural debloating foods. At the same time, avoid gluten and dairy which are often the culprits of your bloat!
15. Turn off overhead lights. Nude portrait photographer Brian Leighton told Allure that you should turn on just one floor or table lamp in the bedroom, not the overhead lights. "You want the light to come across your body at an angle," he says. "It creates shadows that enhance natural curves."
16. Turn on your favorite music. Call it your power jam, if you will. Find a song you can naturally move your body to, one that makes you feel sexy or confident. If it has a steady rhythm, you can even get down and dirty to it.
17. Tilt your body. Instead of looking straight on at your guy, turn to a 3/4 angle to accentuate the curves of your breasts, hips, booty and thighs. Get a little sassy by tossing your hand on your hip or bending a knee. Just keep things looking sultry and playful. No slouching!
18. Perfect your posture. When lying down, bend your knees and prop yourself on your elbows to flatten the stomach, lift the chin and pull in the thighs. This sexy angle is flattering for every woman, especially when she's nude.
19. Give a pep talk. This Cosmopolitan-approved trick is an odd one, but they swear it works! “When you’re in the bathroom getting ready, say to yourself, ‘peas and carrots,’” they suggest. Photographer Chris Clinton tells the magazine he uses the technique to help models prep for sexy, sultry shoots. Something about the way your lips move to form the words feels sensual and pouty.
20. Get playful lying down. In bed, lay on your side for a sexy position that turns normal spooning into a fun sex session quickly. This position slims your waist while accentuating the curves of your hips and rounding out your breasts. If you slightly arch your back and push your butt back, you'll elongate your body and find a super sexy pose.
21. Find an accessory. Just because you aren't wearing clothes doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with style! Throw on some statement earrings, a long necklace or shoes to add some flair to your nude night.
22. Slip into stilettos. Speaking of shoes, it's fun to bring this little fantasy to life! Wearing stilettos will lift your booty and make your legs appear longer and slimmer. It'll give you more confidence, too!
23. Cover up with a silk robe. You want to feel sexy and confident when you slip out of your clothes, and untying a silky robe and dropping it to the floor, is the ultimate way to do it. You really don't want to get your head stuck in your t-shirt while trying to get naked.
24. Use light nude makeup. If you're wearing makeup, stick to shades that match your skin tone to enhance your beauty. Apply a taupe eye shadow with a light peach blush and lip color for a natural, sexy look.
25. Spray some perfume. Add your favorite (or his favorite) fragrance to your pulse points and behind the ears to enhance the total experience of a naked night. Every time you wear the smell afterward, he'll remember how great your night in the nude was.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock