PopCulture.com is a ViacomCBS brand within the ViacomCBS Streaming portal delivering premium content to audiences across emerging media platforms. With a spirited focus on celebrity news, reality TV, movie culture, TV, streaming, music and sports through well-built and to-the-point verticals, PopCulture has proven through its apt reporting and storytelling to be a leading authority for a generation of readers passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises.
Reaching more than 12.8 million followers across social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, our comprehensive team of reporters and on-air talent talk directly with entertainers and the creators of the industry, as well as the community at large, providing fans an authentic, one-of-a-kind view of the entertainment landscape. Additionally, our team is one of the most steadfast among competitors with committed news distribution all week long from a team that works in a fast-paced media-centric environment, able to hit the ground running.
PopCulture reaches an industry-leading 110M page views all per month (Google Analytics: January 2020) with a 20M comScore through its website. Our coverage includes breaking and trending news reports, one-on-one interviews, live events, reviews of the latest TV shows and movies you need to watch and daily video content, sparking your every joy within the realm of entertainment.
The PopCulture newsroom — fast-paced and transparent — powers through creativity, teamwork and initiative for ethical content that is accurate, purposeful and serves public interest while balancing the need for information. A successful member of this team will be able to work with others collaboratively, but also be self-motivated and proactive to drive the business forward. All writers must understand data-based writing through trends, SEO, and able to hit consistent goals set by their team leads.
If you are interested in a career with ViacomCBS PopCulture.com, submit your (1) cover letter and (2) resume to email@example.com, and please use the subject line to indicate the position you are inquiring about.
POSITION - Nights/Weekends Writer (Contract)
The Writer (contract) will be primarily responsible for writing daily news desk articles that include but are not limited to reality tv news, celebrities, and general trending news. The writer will work with the PopCulture editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. You will be responsible for producing a set amount of articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow PopCulture’s influence in key areas.
- Collaborate with editorial team members to produce the best of the best content
- Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
- Help seek out trending news items that will move the needle
- Write at least 8 stories a shift
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 2+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
- Strong understanding of mainstream TV, celebrity culture, entertainment news, sports culture and online trends
- Know the most current entertainment news cycles
- You have experience with fast-paced, but quality writing for the Internet
You might also have -
- Bachelor's in Journalism, Online Media or equivalent
- Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to PopCulture news desk workflow and content production
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.