Although this recipe calls for cake mix, it is anything but unhealthy! The batter is made using non-fat plain Greek yogurt and unsweetened applesauce. The almond flour has a compelling amount of vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients. But fret not, the globs of golden brown sugar and cinnamon still top this delicious treat at only 110 calories per serving!
» Looking for more healthy living ideas, workouts and recipes? Check us out on Pinterest!
Recipe: Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1 (9-ounce) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the coffee cake topping: in a small bowl, stir together the Stevia, brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix, yogurt, water, egg whites, applesauce, almond flour, salt and vanilla until smooth. Pour coffee cake batter into baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle ⅛ cup of the coffee cake topping over the coffee cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Sprinkle cake with remaining sugar topping. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Per Serving (1/12 of coffee cake):
Saturated Fat: 0g