Although this recipe calls for cake mix, it is anything but unhealthy! The batter is made using non-fat plain Greek yogurt and unsweetened applesauce. The almond flour has a compelling amount of vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients. But fret not, the globs of golden brown sugar and cinnamon still top this delicious treat at only 110 calories per serving!
Looking for more healthy living ideas, workouts and recipes? Check us out on Pinterest!
Recipe: Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1 (9-ounce) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the coffee cake topping: in a small bowl, stir together the Stevia, brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix, yogurt, water, egg whites, applesauce, almond flour, salt and vanilla until smooth. Pour coffee cake batter into baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle ⅛ cup of the coffee cake topping over the coffee cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Sprinkle cake with remaining sugar topping. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Per Serving (1/12 of coffee cake):
Saturated Fat: 0g