Tips: Baking times will vary from oven to oven, depending on your specific oven. If your oven usually runs hot, try 10 minutes instead of 15 for the initial cooking time.
Kale chips lose crispness the longer they sit, so make sure to eat them soon after coming out of the oven, and store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe: Crispy Kale Chips
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 12-13 kale chips
- ½ bunch of kale (about 10 stems)--7 oz with stems, or 4.20 oz w/out stems
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoons garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoons onion powder
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and set aside.
- Remove the stems from the kale and tear the leaves up into large, but bite size pieces. Wash the kale by submerging the torn leaves in a large mixing bowl with cold water and then thoroughly dry in a salad spinner or lay them out on a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, working in 2 batches, gently massage the oil into the kale leaves to coat them.
Lay them out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and evenly sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper over all of the chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the baking sheets and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until crispy.
Let stand for 3-5 minutes before eating.
Per Serving: (12-13 kale chips)
Calories from fat: 32
Saturated Fat: 1g