Getting ready for a black-tie, fancy and fabulous event is so fun! You have the opportunity to play dress-up for a night and try different "looks" that you normally would not wear in everyday life. As much as we would love to rock sequins to the grocery store, not always practical.
Picking the most perfect ensemble is half the battle, then you have to choose makeup tones, hair up or down, fake eyelashes or not (clearly: always ‘yes’) and eye catching accessories.
At last night’s CMA Awards, we witnessed incredible performances, hilarious hosts and -- of course -- plenty of style. The beautiful looks were hard to miss and Womanista's Cassie Kelley has your exclusive guide on how to get a fab red carpet look, perfect for your next big night out or even a sexy date night.
1) Using Charlotte Tilbury "The Huntress" Eye Color, blend the color on the lid and into the crease of the eye for a "smokey" look.
2) Then, line your lower lash line with the eyeliner in this set, as well as the inside waterline.
Face and Lips
A neutral lip and subtle, strategic highlighing complements the bold eye look and glam hair. Jessica recommends to start with clean and moisturized skin and following it with:
1) Prepping the skin with Jouer Cosmetics Aluminizing Tinted Moisturizer.
3) Finish with sweeping Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator over your nose, cheeks and corners of forehead for an illuminated glow.
For a screen siren hairstyle like Cassie’s, stylist AJ Franking of Local Honey Salon in Nashville created a side-swept look with soft waves that was glam but feminine.
1) Start by spraying R&Co "Prep" Spray to protect hair from heat and evo root canal to add some volume.
2) Follow with R&Co "foil" spray to combat frizz. Curl hair with a 1-inch barrel curling iron and sweep it over one shoulder and secure in the back with bobbi pins.0comments
3) Finish by brushing out the curls and smoothing hair with evo "Easy Tiger" Balm and of course, a quick selfie!