Mornings are always so rushed, but eating a healthy filling breakfast is so important and will start your day off right. A green smoothie is a fantastic option for those mornings where you only have 5 minutes before you’re dashing out the door. Personally, I am a huge fan of green smoothies because they are super easy to throw together, very filling (they’re full of protein and fiber) and absolutely yummy!
Here are few great tasting and filling recipes:
1. Green Monster Smoothie: Don’t let the name make you nervous, this monster is made of vitamins and nutrients that will help with digestion and scare off all those nasty toxins your body is carrying around! While the spinach gives this guy its color, all the flavor comes straight from the banana and almond milk, making this a creamy, flavorful and super nutrient-dense breakfast! Get the recipe by clicking here and watching the video below!
2. Green Energy Detox Smoothie: This is anotherSkinny Mom original that we love. If you've recently over-indulged, this smoothie will reboot your body with healthy ingredients so you can start your day off on a healthy note. See the step-by-step instructions here and watch the video below.
3. Banana Split Green Smoothie: This is a great smoothie for a family to enjoy! It's tastes great and doesn't look to healthy but it's made with spinach to guarantee a healthy breakfast! (via Simple Green Smoothies)
4. Cranberry Kale Cooler: Filled with flavor, this smoothie also offers up a great dose of vitamins C, A and K. Whether you need a healthy breakfast or a cold fighting shake, this is a great choice. (via Simple Green Smoothies)
5. Matcha Pear Green Protein Smoothie: This smoothie is great for a boost of energy! It's also awesome to drink after your morning workout. (via Daily Burn)
6. Blueberry Mint Green Smoothie: Made with blueberries, mint, kiwi and spinach, this smoothie is a great recipe for breakfast or even a mid-afternoon snack! (via The Merry Thought)
7. Berry Cherry Jubilee: Since it is cherry season and cherries are so very delicious, why not try this recipe?! Plus it's packed with disease-fighting antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C. (via Simple Green Smoothies)
8. Green Piña Colada: Want to feel like you’re in paradise? This smoothie has hints of pineapple and coconut that will transport you to the tropics in a matter of sips. (via LeelaLicious)0comments
Looking for more quick and easy breakfasts? We've got 50 skinny recipes right here!