After announcing the release of her upcoming debut album, Remember Her Name, Mickey Guyton has shared the title track from the project, releasing "Remember Her Name" on Friday, July 30. The song was written by Guyton with Parker Welling, Blake Hubbard and Jarrod Ingram and is a soaring anthem encouraging listeners to reconnect to their inner strength.
"Remember the fire / Remember her face / She felt the storm and danced out in the pouring a rain," the chorus reads. "Remember her laughing / Through all the pain / Remember the girl that didn't let anything get in her way / Remember her name." Guyton shared in a statement, "'Remember Her Name' is a song for anyone who has ever felt less than, forgotten or up against impossible obstacles. I hope this song is a reminder of the importance of self-worth and the power of persistence and perseverance."
Earlier this week, Guyton shared another new song with the album when she performed "All American" during CMA Summer Jam in Nashville on Tuesday night. Her performance will be included in the upcoming ABC special documenting the event, which will air in September. Remember Her Name will be released on Sept. 24, 10 years after Guyton signed to Capitol Nashville.
"Remember Her Name is a culmination of the last ten years of my life in Nashville," the Texas native previously shared in a statement. "This album is the closing of a chapter. All those years ago, I set out to create music that would make people feel self-empowered, loved, and comfortable with being themselves and this album holds true to all of that. I hope everyone who listens finds something that connects and speaks to them." See the full track list below and pre-order the album here.
1. Remember Her Name (Mickey Guyton, Parker Welling, Blake Hubbard, Jarrod Ingram)
2. All American (Mickey Guyton, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee, Karen Kosowski)
3. Different (Mickey Guyton, Emma-Lee, Karen Kosowski)
4. Love My Hair (Mickey Guyton, Anna Krantz)
5. Lay It On Me (Mickey Guyton, Jaden Michaels, Gavin Slate)
6. Higher (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Fraser Churchill, Preston Glass, Narada Walden) 7. Dancing In The Living Room (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee)
8. Do You Really Wanna Know (Mickey Guyton, Melissa Fuller, Andy Skib)
9. Black Like Me (Mickey Guyton, Emma Davidson-Dillon, Fraser Churchill, Nathan Chapman) 10. Words (Mickey Guyton, Abbey Cone, David Kalmusky)
11. What Are You Gonna Tell Her? (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee) 12. Smoke (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Balewa Muhammad)
13. Rosé (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks)
14. Indigo (Mickey Guyton, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz, Mozella)
15. If I Were A Boy (Toby Gad, Brittany Jean Carlson)
16. Better Than You Left Me (Fly Higher Version) (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Jennifer Hanson, Jenn Schott)