This low-calorie protein smoothie tastes more like a dessert than a protein-packed, nutrient rich pick-me-up! Eat it after a tough workout to jumpstart the repair of your muscles, or enjoy it as a yummy snack before dinner!
Recipe: Brownie Batter Protein Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: None
Yield: 1 serving
Serving size: 1 smoothie
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
*If using fresh fruit instead of frozen, add 1 cup of ice cubes. Adjust ice or liquid accordingly for desired consistency.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Per Serving: (1 smoothie)
Calories from fat: 35
Saturated Fat: 2g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.