Two words for this lightened-up salsa recipe: simple and delicious! I hope you love my recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salsa as much as I do! This recipe can be thrown together in 5 minutes and is the perfect addition to any Mexican dinner, or can easily stand on its own for a fast appetizer. It's a great salsa to accompany grilled chicken, to top tacos with, use as a pizza or flatbread topping, or to eat on its own with your favorite low-sodium tortilla chips. Try it on top of my Skinny BBQ Chicken Flatbread! The best part about this recipe? Chances are you already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
- Fresh lime juice is the best tasting for this recipe, but using lime juice from the bottle will work, too.
- Feel free to store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days (counting the day you made it).
- The longer this sits, the more the flavors will meld together for a delicious salsa! It's best to make it a few hours ahead of when you need it so it is the most flavorful.
- For another skinny salsa recipe, try our 5-Minute Garden Fresh Salsa recipe.
Recipe: Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: None
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium corn, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and gently stir to mix together.
- Serve at room temperature, or chilled.
Per Serving: (½ cup)
Calories from fat: 9
Saturated Fat: 0g
3.1 The nutrition content of recipes on PopCulture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.