If you think a piping-hot pizza is best eaten during the colder months, think again. Spring is full of amazing ingredients ripe for the picking and perfect to top your pizza crust. So before you pack up your pizza stone, try any of these 13 unique, healthy, homemade and easy pizza recipes — perfect complements to the warm spring weather.
1. Marinated Feta, Zucchini, Pea and Mint Tarts: Nothing says spring like some peas and mint, especially when they're sitting on a delicious piece of pizza, like this one from the Greedy Gourmand.
2. Blueberry Dessert Pizza: Give your spring dessert a makeover with this Blueberry Dessert Pizza from Spoon Fork Bacon. This unique take calls for cream cheese, blueberry jam, mozzarella cheese and fresh blueberries.
3. Roasted Cherry and Brie Pizza: Fresh cherries? Check. Shredded mozzarella? Check. Fresh rosemary? Check. Balsamic vinegar? Check. Now go make this deliriously delectable pizza, courtesy of From the Little Yellow Kitchen.
4. Arugula, Pear and Bacon Pizza with Honey Poppy Seed Sauce: The sweetness of pears collides with salty bacon for this pizza from Munchin with Munchkin.
>> Recipe: Warm Pear and Steak Salad
5. Spring Time Mushroom + Asparagus White Burrata Cheese Pizza with Balsamic Drizzle: There is pretty much nothing better than burrata cheese. Throw it on a pizza with some mushrooms, asparagus and a bunch of spices. Get the recipe from Half Baked Harvest.
6. Spring Veg Pizza with Caramelized Onion Cream: Vegan and gluten-free, this recipe from The First Mess is made from a quinoa and millet crust. Toppings include a caramelized onion cream (recipe included on the page) with asparagus, artichoke and chives.
>> Recipe: Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip
7. Fruit Pizza: We think this healthy fruit pizza recipe from Pinch of Yum is too pretty to eat, but too tasty not to. The crust is a cookie, while frosting acts as the cheese.
>> To see the rest of the spring pizza recipes, click here for the original HellaWella article.
At HellaWella, we’re all about bringing big-time healthy living to the public. Click here to be taken to the original article. We break down some of the latest healthy living news, create helpful tips, and hunt down deals to encourage a healthy lifestyle. We inspire readers to take complete control of their lives, from their health to their home. Connect with HellaWella through Facebook or Twitter.