Actress Selma Blair has taken the next step in her legal battle against her ex-boyfriend ahead of her Dancing With The Stars debut. According to TMZ, Blair and her former partner, Ron Carlson, have each dropped their restraining orders against one another. However, Carlson is still facing criminal charges stemming from a domestic violence arrest after an alleged altercation with Blair earlier this year.
The new legal moves come less than a week before the premiere of DWTS Season 31, on which Blair will compete. Recently, the actress recently opened up about what it is like to compete on the show while also living with MS. Speaking to ET about how Multiple Sclerosis, a nerve disorder that causes disruption in the connection between the brain and body, impacts her mobility, Blair shared that the dancing is actually not as challenging as some would expect. “Walking is much harder for me than when I can get into the groove of settling into dance and fluidity,” she said.
Videos by PopCulture.com
“There is something when the nervous system and brain are calm,” Blair explained, revealing that her symptoms worsen when she’s feeling anxiety, which has led her to utilize her practices with her DWTS as a form of therapy. “This is an amazing lesson to use my emotions and body together to unite a little more with the support of Sasha and music,” she said. “Amazing things can happen and I hope that I can be an inspiration.”
Speaking about his role in all of it, Farber confessed, “This isn’t about a dance competition for me personally. I want Selma to improve and to grow.” He also revealed that he has begun to see changes in the way Blair moves. “It was a thrill,” the actress added. “I wasn’t aware of what I could do, if I could safely push myself with some support and this is an amazing opportunity.”
Blair first shared the news of her MS diagnosis back in late 2018. A few months later, in Feb. 2019, The Legally Blonde star sat down with Good Morning America correspondent Robin Roberts and shared what happened when doctors confirmed her illness. “I had tears,” she said. “They weren’t tears of panic, they were tears of knowing that I now had to give in to a body that had loss of control and there was some relief in that.” Dancing With the Stars premieres Monday, Sept. 19 at 8 p.m. ET., only on Disney+.
Most Viewed
-

โReverse the Curseโ โ Back from tribal, tensions rise following the exit of a particularly historic player. The final five immunity challenge ends in a showdown and features one of the closest finishes the show has ever seen. Jeff reveals the outcomes of the remaining in-game fan votes and how they impact the final stage of the competition. Then, one castaway will be crowned Sole Survivor and awarded the $2 million prize, during the three-hour live season finale, on SURVIVOR 50, Wednesday, May 20 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on-demand for Paramount+ Premium plan subscribers, or on-demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. Jeff Probst serves as host and executive producer. Pictured: Aubry Bracco Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ยฉ2025 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.







