R. Kelly’s legal woes continue. The “I Believe I Can Fly” singer was found guilty of all counts of racketeering in his Brooklyn criminal trial last Fall. Kelly now faces sentencing, in that case, this coming March. But he has several other sex trafficking and abuse trials scheduled in multiple states, including his hometown of Illinois, Georgia, and Florida. Up next is Illinois, which is scheduled for August. But he may be going to trial without his current legal team who helped in his Brooklyn case.
According to Hot New Hip Hop, Kelly’s lawyers no longer want to represent him in his upcoming child pornography trial. His attorneys Steve Greenberg and Michael Leonard just requested to be removed from the case. There have been rumors circulating in recent weeks that both Greenberg and Leonard filed a motion to withdraw from the case. Greenberg confirmed the rumors are true.
Videos by PopCulture.com
It’s not the first time his attorneys have tried to withdraw themselves from Kelly. Right before his federal New York case last year, they filed a similar motion to the court. At the time, Greenberg told reporters that Kelly was “insistent that we work with people who we felt would be rendering ineffective assistance as counsel.”
In terms of his Brooklyn case, Kelly will face anywhere between 10 years to life in prison. If found guilty in the upcoming cases, he faces similar times. Kelly is looking to appeal the verdict in the Brooklyn case.
Jennifer Bonjean, who helped appeal Bill Cosby’s verdict, said that she’s “looking forward to getting familiar with the record” in Kelly’s case, as reported by the Chicago Tribune. She continued on working with Kelly: “I am becoming increasingly concerned with how the government is abusing the RICO statute in order to plead around the statute of limitations and essentially put people’s entire lives on trial,” Bonjean said. “It’s becoming a formula for the government. You have a right to defend yourself against specific allegations.”
Most Viewed
-

โReverse the Curseโ โ Back from tribal, tensions rise following the exit of a particularly historic player. The final five immunity challenge ends in a showdown and features one of the closest finishes the show has ever seen. Jeff reveals the outcomes of the remaining in-game fan votes and how they impact the final stage of the competition. Then, one castaway will be crowned Sole Survivor and awarded the $2 million prize, during the three-hour live season finale, on SURVIVOR 50, Wednesday, May 20 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on-demand for Paramount+ Premium plan subscribers, or on-demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. Jeff Probst serves as host and executive producer. Pictured: Aubry Bracco Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ยฉ2025 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved. -

Netflix logo is displayed during the 'Paris Games Week' on November 02, 2017 in Paris, France. Netflix is an American company offering streaming movies and TV series on the Internet. 'Paris Games Week' is an international trade fair for video games and runs from November 01 to November 5, 2017. (Credit: Chesnot / Getty Images)






