This recipe for Cranberry Apple Relish is delicious and super easy. The fresh cranberries bring out a rich cranberry flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness. This recipe is sure to be a Thanksgiving favorite!
- Any leftover relish can be stirred into yogurt for breakfast or a snack.
- The maple syrup adds low-calorie sweetness without using more refined sugar. The maple flavor is subtle, and offsets the tartness of the cranberries.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 small apple, diced
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- zest + juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup water, cold
- ¼ cup sugar-free Maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients except the syrup and cinnamon to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes, then reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until the cranberries have popped and the relish has thickened.
- When the relish is nearly thickened, stir in the syrup and cinnamon.
- Serve warm over turkey, or by itself as a side.
Per Serving: (2 tablespoons)
Calories from fat: 0
Saturated Fat: 0g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.