For a fun, unique and skinny summer treat, try this quirky peach and ham grilled cheese! If the flavor combo sounds a little strange to you now, we promise that it won't once you've bitten into the ooey gooey deliciousness. Plus, at 273 calories per sandwich, you won't feel bad preparing this for a quick lunch for the kiddos!
Pro tip: This recipe yields four sandwiches, so for one sandwich we used:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 slice of cheese
- 6 thin peach slices
- 2 basil leaves
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 sandwich
- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 8 slices low-sodium ham, sliced thin
- 1 fresh peach, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices thin-sliced Provolone cheese
- Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Generously spray the outside of each piece of bread with nonstick cooking spray.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the ham, peaches, basil, cheese, and top with the remaining slice of bread (sprayed side-up).
- When the cheese starts to melt, flip the sandwich to grill the opposite side until the cheese completely melts.
- Slice in half and serve warm.
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.