If you're looking for a new way to use up ripe bananas, have we got a treat (literally) for you—Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream! For this easy recipe, you won't even need a fancy ice cream maker, all you need is your food processor and a handful of ingredients for a healthy, creamy, cold dessert. If you're craving ice cream and want a healthier alternative, this Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream has only 145 calories per serving!
Recipe: Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 minutes + 3 hour freeze time
Cook time: None
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp PB2®
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tsp Stevia®
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp natural peanuts, chopped
- Slice bananas into 1-inch slices and place on a plate, separating each slice. Place slices in freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove bananas from freezer and place in food processor along with PB2, cream, sweetener and vanilla. Blend until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Use a spatula to scrap off sides. Do not over-blend.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Scoop ice cream and serve with peanuts on top.
Per Serving (½ cup):
Saturated Fat: 2g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.