There is nothing better to warm you up than a bowl of delicious slow cooker chicken chili. This delish (and skinny) chili dish is perfect for those cold winter days or when you're serving a large group. It's even good for warm weather! If you're looking for a way to kick the spice up in this chili, sub in 4 ounces of chopped jalapeños in place of the green chiles. If you need an easy shredded chicken recipe, try our Skinny Shredded Chicken. Check out more healthy slow cooker recipes by clicking here.
Here's how to mince the garlic by hand:
Cook time: 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1⅓ cups
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans (cannellini/white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, and stir together.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken and shred it. Add it back to the slow cooker and serve each portion with optional sour cream, cilantro, and cheese.
Per Serving: (1⅓ cups)
Calories from fat: 29
Saturated Fat: 1g