If you're a frequent shopper at Whole Foods, you'll appreciate this black bean hummus! It's just like the Whole Foods version, but more bang for your buck. Serve it on taco night with red and green peppers, or eat it with tortilla chips at your next tailgate. At only 75 calories and 2 SmartPoints per serving, you'll find excuses to make this all the time.
- You could even use this hummus as the "glue" in a cold wrap using our favorite La Tortilla Factory® low-carb, high-fiber whole-wheat tortilla. Spread the hummus and fill the tortilla with fresh peppers, grilled chicken and shredded lettuce. You'll have an instant fajita to go without the mess!
- Check out our Green Goddess Hummus below:
Cook time: none
Yield: 16 servings
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- 15.5-ounce can reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (1.20 oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and blend until combined.
- When the hummus has come together, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse a few times until loose and smooth.
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.