Popsicles are a classic summer staple (for kids and grown-ups alike), but it's difficult to find one that isn't filled with sugar and artificial flavors. Fear not, because this simple recipe combines strawberries, sliced kiwis, orange juice and agave for a sweet and healthy summer treat! Makes six 3-ounce popsicles.
- If this recipe sounds a bit too sweet for you, add some lime juice to cut the sweetness of the strawberries. If not, leave it out for a completely sweet pop!
- If you don’t have orange juice, you can sub any juice. The juice adds sweetness and an extra layer of flavor.
- For best results, thin the strawberry puree out before pouring into the popsicle mold.
Recipe: Strawberry Kiwi Popsicles
Cook time: 8+ hours freeze time
Serving size: 1 popsicle
- 1 (1-quart) container fresh strawberries
- ½ cup less-sugar orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Blend strawberries in a blender with the orange juice, agave, and lime juice.
- Place 2 kiwi slices along the sides of the popsicle mold and pour the pureed strawberry mixture over them.
- Freeze for 8+ hours.
Calories from fat: 4
Saturated Fat: 0g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.