Marvel Entertainment has provided fans with the perfect way to enjoy Pi Day: With Ultron pie!
That's right; Marvel has given fans a recipe for cherry pie that fans can cut an Ultron head shape out of the top crust to give it just the right demonic look for celebrating Pi Day with their friends.
Check out the recipe below:
Ultron-Inspired Cherry Pie
(makes 1 9-inch pie)
Photos & Recipe by Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn)
Tools + Ingredients
1 9-inch pie plate
1 egg white
2 cans cherry pie filling
1 clean x-acto knife
Pie Crust Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
4 – 6 tablespoons ice water
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. With a pastry cutter, cut in the cold butter until crumbly. Add the water by the tablespoon until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two. Roll out one half of the dough onto a floured surface, large enough to cover the pie plate. Lift the dough circle over the plate and lightly press into the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the piecrust with egg white and pour in the two cans of pie filling.
- Roll out the second half of the pie dough onto a floured surface. With the clean x-acto knife, cut out Ultron’s face.
- Lay the face over the cherry pie filling and brush with egg white.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- With the remaining dough scraps, cut out the two side pieces. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment and brush with egg white. Bake for 5 minutes or until just browned, and let cool on a wire rack.
- Once the pie is cool, wedge the two pieces next to the side of the head to serve.