Sex can be a great way to start your day — it's sure better than that loud, beeping alarm clock. In fact, because sex releases the feel-good hormone oxytocin, having sex in the morning will put a fantastic spin on your day! Not only is morning sex a mood booster, but it also gives you and your partner that loving and bonding feeling for the entire day. We guarantee you'll both smile throughout the day when you think back on your morning romp in the hay.
Morning sex is also an immune system booster. It enhances your levels of antibodies that protect against infection, giving your body the strength to stay healthy during the day to come. Not to mention that climaxing boosts estrogen levels, which is important in the tone and texture of your hair and skin!
>> Read more: Getting Your 'O' Can Be Great for Your Health
Men are hardwired to want sex in the morning. "While he sleeps, the testosterone he'll use for the upcoming day accumulates," says Gabrielle Lichterman, author of 28 Days. "From the time he wakes up, he has a three-hour window when he's brimming with peak levels." (via Women's Health)
Want to have fantastic morning sex? Follow these guidelines for a saucy start to your day!
1. Brush your teeth — or don't! If you don't want to ruin the mood by getting up to brush your teeth, don't worry about it. Focus on kissing other parts of his body (like his neck, shoulders and chest) to avoid swapping morning breath. However, if you can sneak off to brush your teeth before he wakes up, go for it! The minty fresh taste will be invigorating for you both and the menthol will feel great for him during oral sex. (via Women's Health and Cosmopolitan)
2. Choose strategic positions. Choose positions that won't require you huffing and puffing into each other's faces, especially if you decided to skip the teeth brushing. Nobody wants morning breath in their face to take away from the experience.
3. Sleep naked. Sleeping naked will build the anticipation throughout the night, and the first thing you'll feel in the morning is your naked skin against your partner's. Can't get more sexy than that! Plus, it will make a morning sexy time session a little more effortless, something that's always appreciated in the early hours of the day. (via Cosmopolitan)
4. Have shower sex: Who knew you could get dirty and clean at the same time? Things will literally get hot and steamy, allowing you to start your day the best way! (via Cosmopolitan)
5. Keep the lights low: Having sex in the morning light can be empowering. The visual aspect alone will excite both of you, but the early morning light won't be so bright that you feel self conscious. (via Cosmopolitan)
>> Read more: 10 Foods to Bring Into the Bedroom