Arielle Calderon lost 100 pounds, and in the process completely overhauled her eating habits, fitness goals and outlook on life. (Check out her weight loss story here!) The following is a post written by Calderon featuring 28 of her favorite weight loss recipes.
A common question I receive is about what I'm eating — so I thought I'd take you through some of my favorite recipes, all of which prove that delicious meals and weight loss actually can go hand in hand.
Here's some of my go-to recipes:
By the way, this is just my personal experience, and as always, you should consult a doctor/dietician before changing your diet!
1. PB2, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Yes, I eat pancakes! I use Kodiak Cake Power Cakes protein mix, stir it with water, and cook them on a skillet. And of course, you can put whatever toppings you want and make it your own. I personally love PB2, bananas, and chocolate chips. Recipe here.
Also, PB2 is powdered peanut butter, and I use it ALL the time. Basically the peanuts are slow roasted then pressed to remove most of the oil and fat. You mix it with water and it creates peanut butter! It won't taste like Jif, but it's a great low-cal substitute.
2. Healthy Egg White Breakfast Cups: I use mushrooms instead of tomatoes, and I make these in mini muffin trays with 1 cup of egg whites instead of 2 cups (so it's only one serving), but regardless it's so easy to make and super nutritious. Recipe here.
3. Yogurt, Fig, and Honey Toast: Like Oprah, I. LOVE. BREAD. I'm not scared to eat carbs — I enjoy what I want and fit it into my macros. As a matter of fact, here's everything you should know about carbs.
Ingredients pictured: Flax Ezekiel bread, Siggi's nonfat plain Icelandic yogurt, chia seeds, fresh figs, blueberries, and honey.
6. Butternut Squash Quinoa Bowl: This is perfect for fall and you can always mess around with the ingredients to fit your preferences. For instance, I always add apple slices and pomegranate seeds. Recipe here.
8. Turkey, Apple, Cheddar, and Cheese Sandwich: This is one of my FAVORITE sandwiches! I use Trader Joe's ciabatta rolls, Laughing Cow cheddar cheese spread, cajun turkey, apple slices, and sweet chili sauce. The salty/sweet combo is amazing. Additional details here.
11. PB2 and Banana Rice Cakes: I keep PB2 and rice cakes at my work desk whenever I need a 3 p.m. snack.
>> Read more: 14 Cauliflower Hacks for Weight Loss
13. Apple Slices With Chocolate PB2: If you need a sweet fix.
14. Orange Slices With Nonfat Greek Yogurt: I always try to pair my fruits with a protein for snacks, and Greek yogurt is a great option. I also love Siggi's Icelandic yogurt paired with blueberries or figs.0comments
To see the rest of the 28 recipes, including weight loss-friendly dinner recipes, click here!