Cutting down on red meat? No problem! You can still enjoy a delicious burger without worrying about your waistline. The Worcestershire sauce in this recipe packs it full of flavor, resulting in a juicy, flavorful burger that is sure to become a summertime favorite at your family's backyard barbecue. Try serving these burgers up with one of our favorite side dishes, our Skinny Baked Sweet Potato Chips (shown in photos).
Looking for more healthy living ideas, workouts and recipes? Check us out on Pinterest!
Pro tip: To save a few calories and Weight Watchers Points Plus, try the burger sans buns! Ditching the buns will result in a 224-calorie and 6 WWP+ burger. Yum!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 turkey burger and bun
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, 90-10
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, 2-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, using clean hands, combine the set-aside onions, and the rest of the turkey burger ingredients together.
- Form into 4 equal-sized turkey burgers.
- Lightly grease the grill grates, and cook the burgers for 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Serve with a bun and optional toppings as desired.
Per Serving (1 turkey burger and bun):
Calories from fat: 113
Saturated Fat: 3g
3.1 The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.