These salmon burger patties are filled with great flavor, and the sauce infuses the patty with an even bigger taste you won't be able to get enough of! Feel free to add traditional burger toppings — crisp lettuce and juicy tomato slices would be great additions!
Recipe: Skinny Salmon Burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 salmon patty on a bun with 1 Tbsp Chilie Lime Sauce + ⅓ cup spring mix
- Three, 5-ounce cans pink salmon, skinless, boneless pouches
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups spring mix
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 2 limes, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, use your hands to combine salmon, breadcrumbs, red onion, mustard, mayo, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 6 equally sized burger patties, about ¾ cup per patty. Evenly space patties on baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the burgers with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the Chili Lime Sauce by whisking mayo, chili powder and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When burgers are cooked through, remove from oven. Serve burgers on buns, topped with 1 tablespoon Chili Lime Sauce, ⅓ cup of spring mix and a lime wedge.
Per Serving: (1 salmon patty with 1 Tbsp Chilie Lime Sauce + ⅓ cup spring mix)
Calories from fat: 124
Saturated Fat: 9g