This simple recipe is full of flavor. Only four ingredients create a quick, easy dish that is one of our most popular! Try this dish for an impressive breakfast or a unique, fluffy, pastry dessert! The best part? These tasty treats come in at less than 100 calories. Enjoy!
- 1 box spice cake mix, dry cake mix only
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 15 ounces 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and line or spray a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large stand-up mixer or a bowl with a hand-held mixer, mix together the dry cake mix, applesauce, and canned pumpkin.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes, until mixed well and fluffy.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, spoon equal amounts of cake mix into the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of each muffin before baking.
- Bake muffins until the edges are golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
Per Serving (1 muffin):
Saturated Fat: 0g