Recipe: Skinny Piña Colada Cupcakes
Prep time:10 minutes + 20 minutes chill time
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
Serving size: 1 cupcake
- 1 (15-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in 100% juice (with juice)
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 (1-ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup light coconut milk, cold
- 1 (12-ounce) light whipped topping
- pineapple slices
- toasted coconut flakes
*Optional ingredients are not included in nutrition calculations.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 12-count muffin tin with liners, and set aside.
- In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, or with a handheld electric mixer, combine the cake mix, pineapple, and coconut extract.
- Pour the muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mix and coconut milk until it starts to thicken, then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Fold the whipped topping into the pudding and frost the cupcakes. Garnish with optional toppings as desired. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.