Recipe: Simple Shortbread Cookie Bites
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 4 cookies
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup cold light butter, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add butter pieces and vanilla and pulse together just until a dough is formed.
- On lightly-floured wax paper, pat or roll dough into an 8"x5" rectangle.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap dough and cut in to 1-inch squares.
- Place squares a half-inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned on bottom. Makes 48 cookies.
Per Serving: (4 cookies)
Calories from fat: 33
Saturated Fat: 1g