Who needs blue and red food coloring for the Fourth of July when you have colorful berries to make your holiday dessert look patriotic? This trifle is made with angel food cake, blueberries, strawberries, and a pudding/whipped cream topping and filler to sweeten it up. You and your guests can indulge guilt-free on this gorgeous Red, White and Blue Trifle as this delicious treat clocks in at only 220 calories per serving.
Want more red, white and blue dessert options? Check out our 25 Red, White and Blue Desserts.
Recipe: Red, White and Blue Trifle
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: None
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: 1/10th of recipe
- 1 (1-ounce) box sugar-free, fat-free cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (10-ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- 1 (14-ounce) prepared angel food cake
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (2 cups)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved (2 cups)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or with an electric handheld mixer), beat together the pudding mix with almond milk. Beat for 2 minutes until pudding starts to thicken.
- Fold the whipped topping into the prepared pudding and store in the refrigerator until you're ready to assemble.
- Cube the prepared angel food cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Assemble in a trifle dish: Place half of the angel food cake cubes in the bottom of the dish.
- Top with half of the pudding mixture, followed by half of the blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Repeat layering with the remaining angel food cake cubes and pudding, and top with the remaining fruit.
Per Serving: (1/10th of recipe)
Calories from fat: 4
Saturated Fat: 0g
3.1 The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.