It's the dog days of summer. The sun is beating down with no signs of stopping anytime soon, but you can find relief in this Creamy Southwest Shrimp Salad! It's cold, low calorie, low fat AND low carb! Wrap it up in lettuce if you'd like an added crunch, otherwise grab a fork and dig into this creamy bowl of deliciousness.
- 1 ear of corn, husk removed
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat and add the corn, cooking for 5-7 minutes, rotating to brown all sides.
- Remove the corn from the grill pan and set aside to cool.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and coat the skillet or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add it to the grill pan, cooking for about 1 minute on each side, or until they are pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Cut the kernels off of the cob and add them to the mixing bowl, along with the tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces and add it to the mixing bowl. Toss gently to evenly combine, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Per Serving: (1 cup)
Calories from fat: 45
Saturated Fat: 1g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.