Ever had banana pudding in cookie form? If not, you MUST make this recipe! You get the best of both worlds: a soft, chewy cookie that tastes just like banana pudding minus the spoon! They're easy to whip together, and at only 104 calories for two cookies, you don't have to feel guilty about tonight's dessert.
Recipe: Banana Pudding CookiesPrep time:
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 2 cookies
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoon plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 (1-ounce) package sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas together with the baking soda, and set aside until ready to use.
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, yogurt, and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, dry pudding mix, and salt. Add half of the dry mixture to the creamed mixture, mix to combine, then add the remaining dry mix.
- With the mixer on the lowest setting, fold in the previously set-aside mashed bananas.
- Scoop 24 heaping tablespoons (about 1½ tablespoon measure) on the prepared baking sheets and bake until slightly golden, 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack, and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Per Serving: (2 cookies)
Calories from fat: 30
Saturated Fat: 2g
3.1 The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.