Looking for a way to make super easy and mouthwatering meals? Let your slow cooker become your new best friend! Take a few minutes in the morning to prepare your recipe and in the evening you'll have a delicious, hearty meal waiting for you and your family. It's perfect for making your favorite dinners, lunches, appetizers or sides on those chilly winter nights. Here are 55 of our favorite recipes you can make using your slow cooker for a satisfying and comforting meal.
1. Quinoa Chicken Chili: Once the weather starts getting colder, chili once again becomes a favorite food. With quinoa, black beans, veggies, chicken, and spices, this is sure to become one of your new go-to recipes. (via Cook Like a Champion)
2. Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken: If you’re tired of the same old taco fillings, you aren’t alone! This dish mixes spicy and sweet, so turning up the heat on your salsa can be the perfect mix with pineapple. Click here to see the recipe.
3. Slow Cooker Sriracha-Pineapple Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches with Easy Guacamole: This recipe makes you yearn for the sun and summertime. The spicy sandwich topped with guacamole makes for the perfect combination! (via Kalyn's Kitchen)
4. Slow Cooker Pepperoni and Chicken: This dish on its own is a fantastic low-carb dinner, but you can try it over pasta, rice or spaghetti squash, too. It’s simply amazing any way you serve it! Click here to check it out.prevnext
5. Slow Cooker Pork and Apples: Juicy, tender and sweet best describe this recipe. There's just something about pork and apples together that makes for the perfect comfort food! Check out the recipe here.
6. Slow Cooker Lentils: This vegan dish is healthy and delicious. You'll definitely have enough leftovers for the week after you make this! (via Girl Makes Food)
7. Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork: Sometimes the best things take a little time; this recipe is one of them! The rub for this pulled pork dinner is packed with flavor and is absolutely divine. Watch the video below, then click here to make it yourself!
8. BBQ Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla: This recipe tastes like a "cheat" meal, but luckily it's not! Everyone loves a quesadilla and the BBQ makes an already delicious meal even better. (via Prevention RD)
9. Pumpkin Maple Overnight Oatmeal: Wouldn't you love to wake up to the smell of maple syrup and an already made breakfast? This pumpkin maple oatmeal is packed with seasonal taste and 54 antioxidants! You have no excuse not to try it! (via Delicious Knowledge)
10. Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto: Lemon, chicken, beans, mint pesto... Honestly, does it get any better? There's plenty of protein and carbohydrates in this recipe that will help support your healthy lifestyle. (via The Kitchn)
11. Slow Cooker Fall-off-the-Bone Ribs: Have these tasty ribs smothered in barbecue sauce but feel zero guilt! It's a strong source of protein and will be ready to devour when you get home from a long day. Check out the recipe here.
12. Skinny Vegetarian Mexican Chili: Using beans to replace meat in this chili pumps up the fiber, and at under 300 calories per serving, you have a little wiggle room for reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat Mexican cheese on top! Enjoy this recipe by clicking here.
13. Spaghetti Squash Thai "Noodle" Bowl: Spaghetti squash is a wonderful substitute for traditional, boring noodles. This healthy low-carb meal will leave you feeling full and satisfied (and craving more spaghetti squash)! (via The Skinny Fork)prevnext
14. Pumpkin Spice Latte Oatmeal: For all you pumpkin lovers out there, you'll truly be blown away by this recipe. It's perfect for those cold mornings when you want a warm breakfast but don't want to get out of your cozy bed to make it. (via Hidden Fruits and Veggies)
15. Tortilla Chicken Soup: Your favorite Mexican-style meal is now even easier to make as soup! Top with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, or jalapeños to really amp up your flavors. Check out the recipe here!
16. Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala: Don't let this recipe trick you into thinking it's hard to make because this meal is surprisingly easy and delicious. Now you can make an Indian inspired meal easily in your own home. (via Smells Like Home)prevnext
17. Honey Sesame Chicken: This tasty chicken will be a hit in every house. You can serve it in the form of sliders or over a bed of rice. You really can't go wrong! (via Cook Like a Champion)
18. Tri Tip Tacos: You've probably tasted tri tip cooked on a grill before, but have you ever tried it from a slow cooker? It's just as good, if not better! Once it's ready, just put the meat in a taco, add your favorite toppings and voila! (via What's Gaby Cooking)
19. "Refried" Beans: These fat-free beans are guiltless and not packed with tons of sodium as most refried beans are. This recipe is freezer-friendly so you can easily always have this enticing side dish on hand. (via Rachel Cooks)prevnext
20. Slow Cooked Pork & Apples: Apples paired with a savory protein makes this recipe truly divine! Pork chops and apple sauce are a unique combination and this meal will definitely live up to your expectations. (via Kath Eats Real Food)
21. Tex Mex Chicken Lettuce Wraps: This is a Tex-Mex twist on the normal Asian inspired dish. It combines the perfect amount of spicy and zesty flavors that you'll get a kick out of. (via Eat Live Run)
22. Skinny Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken: This creamy chicken flavor is to die for! The broccoli in this dish is perfect, but you don’t have to stop there! This is a great place for hiding veggies from your pickiest eaters. You can tuck way carrots, peas, spinach or other good-for-you treats and let the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and seasoning take care of disguising them! See the recipe here.
23. Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff: The flavors of beef and mushroom in this dish are divine. This recipe yields a large pot, but the leftovers taste just as good, too. Check out the recipe here!
24. Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal: Steel-cut oats typically take longer to cook than regular ones, so a slow cooker is the perfect way to cook this slammin' oatmeal. This breakfast will leave you feeling full and satisfied all day. (via Salu Salo)
25. Cheesy Cauliflower Soup: This simple recipe combines cauliflower, low-fat dairy, vegetables and cheesy goodness into one simmering soup. You can easily make it into a low-carb or gluten-free meal by leaving out the flour. (via Slender Kitchen)prevnext
26. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie: This is not your grandma’s chicken pot pie. It's way easier and healthier with the same great taste. Your family may be confused when you tell them it’s “pie” but it’s a great substitute and they’ll fall in love after one bite! See the ingredients list here.
27. Savory Citrus Chicken: With only six ingredients, this recipe is a breeze to make! An inviting citrus flavor with your protein makes for a gratifying week night dinner that the whole family will love. (via Miss In The Kitchen)
28. Copycat Chipotle Barbacoa Bowl: Grabbing Chipotle to go every night might be frowned upon, so try making it in your own home! No waiting in line or paying for extra guac. Get started here.
>> Want to make the guacamole, too? Watch this simple video or click here for the recipe!prevnext
29. Moroccan Stew: This spicy Moroccan stew is spicy, superb, and lucky for all my vegetarians, meatless! It's the perfect comfort food that will make you want to snuggle up on the couch and relax. (via Eat Live Run)
30. Spicy Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos with Avocado Salsa: This is such a unique recipe and you'll swoon over the rockin' avocado salsa. You'll get a bite of heat and new flavor with each bite! (via Kalyn's Kitchen)
31. Slow Cooker Chicken Provencal: This dinner only takes 10 minutes of prep time and after seven hours in the slow cooker, it comes out looking (and tasting) like a dish that you worked on for hours! Get the recipe here.
32. Skinny Pork Tacos: This pork tastes fabulous after being cooked low and slow. You can add your favorite toppings for a real upgrade on Taco Tuesday! Try them by following this recipe.
33. Slow Cooker Chicken, Beans and Rice: The name of this dish may sound a little bland, but the flavors and colors you'll find in this recipe are powerful! It's the perfect combination of savory ingredients. Check it out here.
34. White Mocha Oatmeal: Start your morning with a breakfast so decadent that it could pass for a dessert. If you're a fan of white mochas, you have to try this enticing oatmeal! (via Hidden Fruits and Veggies)prevnext
35. Turkey Wild Rice Soup: This is the perfect solution for what to do with your leftover turkey. Toss it into your slow cooker and turn it into a creamy soup! The wild rice in this soup makes this healthy dish is so inviting. (via The Skinny Fork)
36. Sausage and Peppers: Make this a crowd pleasing meal by serving it on warm French rolls with cheese or on top of a bed of rice. You really can't go wrong with hot Italian sausage! (via Shugary Sweets)
37. Jambalaya: Are you a jambalaya lover? This recipe is guaranteed to satisfy those Cajun cravings. It's healthy, packed with heat, and is a great source of fiber. (via Prevention RD)prevnext
38. Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Roasted Chickpeas: This recipe really hits the spot, and the maple roasted chickpeas are the perfect topping. Be careful not to eat them all before dinner is ready, because you'll definitely want to! (via Two Peas & Their Pod)
39. Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken: Forget take-out and toss these ingredients in your slow cooker before leaving for work. When you get home, your house will smell wonderful and you'll have this tasty meal waiting to be eaten! Get started here.
40. Poached Salmon with Lemons & Fresh Herbs: This flavorful salmon is delicious and since it's cooked in a slow cooker, you don't have to worry about dry, chewy fish. You can use whatever herbs you have in your kitchen to make the stock. (via The Kitchn)
41. Spinach Artichoke & Kale Dip: Say hello to your new favorite recipe for dip! It also works as a great pasta sauce or smear for sandwiches. If you're not a fan of kale, just double the amount of spinach. (via Slender Kitchen)
42. Pumpkin Chili: This chili contains chunks of pumpkin... Yes, you heard it right: CHUNKS. Chili is so easy to customize in order to fit your diet or favorite flavors. Your mind will be blown after you try this awesome version of chili containing your favorite seasonal food. (via Kate's Short and Sweets)
43. Chicken Chili Verde Nachos: Who doesn't love a giant heaping plate of nachos? This recipe is incredible! It's the perfect party pleaser; just be sure to eat a few before serving because once people try these nachos, they'll be gone in the blink of an eye! (via Two Peas and Their Pod)prevnext
44. Beef and Barley Soup: This is the perfect cold weather soup recipe. Serve it in a whole wheat bread bowl and you'll create the ideal comfort food combo. (via Peanut Butter & Peppers)
45. Buffalo Chicken Chowder: If you swoon over anything that has buffalo chicken in it, you have to try this recipe. It combines spicy and rich flavors, and is perfect topped with blue cheese crumbles. Genius! (via Prevention RD)
46. Italian Sloppy Joe: Sloppy Joes are always a family favorite. This version is made with turkey sausage, peppers, onions, crushed tomatoes, and spices to make for a wonderful Italian style meal. You can even ditch the bun and serve this over pasta! (via Skinnytaste)
47. Creamy Lemon Asparagus Soup: You'll love the creaminess of this tantalizing soup. The combination of mustard, asparagus, and lemon is mind-blowing! (via Kim's Healthy Eats)prevnext
48. Red Lentil Chicken Stew: The soft lentils mixed with tender chicken and spices makes this stew superb. You'll be adding it to your weekly meals after you try it. (via My San Francisco Kitchen)
49. Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Who would have thought that pulled pork, BBQ sauce and sweet potatoes would go together so well? This recipe is absolutely divine! There are so many inviting flavors that will definitely make you ask for seconds. Click here to see the recipe!
50. Skinny Butternut Squash Soup: If you’re looking for a fall favorite to please everyone in the family, you’ve found it! A few apples, along with oven-roasted squash and onions pack this dish with tons of fall flavor! Check it out here.
51. Cinnamon Ginger Applesauce: Fresh applesauce is great as a side, snack, dessert or for anytime of day. This recipe will make enough for you to stick in the fridge and enjoy whenever you're craving something sweet. (via La Fuji Mama)
52. Bleu Cheese Crusted Buffalo Drumsticks: This is the ultimate recipe for football Sundays. You'll be amazed at the taste of bleu cheese with each and every bite. You won't be able to resist these finger-licking good drumsticks. (via The Lucky Penny)
53. Black Eyed Peas with Ham: This Southern style meal is so exquisite and healthy and is a great source of calcium, vitamin A, and fiber. You'll be more than pleased with the outcome and your family (and tastebuds) will be thanking you! (via Skinnytaste)0comments
54. Skinny Taco Chicken Chili: For game day parties or family get-togethers, this chili recipe is a simple life saver. Everyone will love the bold flavors and you can keep it your little secret that it's healthy! Get the recipe here.
55. Shredded Chicken: This dinner staple can be used in so many different dishes, or eaten plain, or on a sandwich! Regardless, you'll want to have this recipe memorized. This is one of the best slow cooker chicken recipes on the internet. Here it is!