In an effort to look fabulous in our swimsuits, we tend to focus more on our lower body trouble spots and often neglect our arms. However, if you're ready for beautiful biceps, all you need to get your guns in gear are some dumbbells and these nine killer arm exercises!
This is an easy way to tone your arms. Keeping your elbows at your sides, slowly curl weights toward your chest and back down.
With arms bent and weights at shoulder level, exhale and push dumbbells up above your head until arms are straight. Inhale as you slowly bring weights back to starting position.
With a dumbbell in each hand, turn palms inward, toward each other. With hands at your sides, slowly curl up weights until elbows are fully bent. Lower arms down slowly, returning to start position.
- Step 1: Standing upright with core engaged, weights resting at sides with palms facing in.
- Step 2: Curl the dumbbells up, thumbs on top, until they reach shoulders. Lower to start position with control.
Side planks are amazing not only for whipping those arms into shape, but also for ripping up your obliques as well.
- Step 1: Begin by sitting on the floor on one hip and pushing yourself up into side plank. The shoulder should be stacked over the wrist and the chest and hips should be facing the same side. Stack or stagger the feet, or do the plank on stacked knees if you feel you need more balance.
Beginning on your stomach on a stability ball with a weight in each hand, let the arms drop down. While keeping your arms straight, raise both arms out to the side. Return to start.
The stability ball in this move allows you to truly focus on your bicep muscles, while also actively engaging your core.
- Step 1: Sit on a chair or bench holding a dumbbell in right hand.
- Step 2: Lean forward, placing right elbow on inside of right thigh, arm extended with thumb up.
- Step 3: Slowly curl weight toward shoulder, rotating hand until palm faces up. Hold, then slowly lower back to start. Complete all your reps on one side and then repeat on opposite side.
This one combines a classic yoga move with a bicep-busting pushup to get those arms burning!
- Step 1: Start in Downward Facing Dog.
- Step 2: Lower into plank position with your arms and body straight, shoulders over your wrists, keeping your belly engaged.
- Step 3: Exhale and bend your elbows, lowering down to a hover.
- Step 4: Inhale to roll forward onto the tops of the feet, sweep the chest forward, and arch the spine, coming into Upward Facing Dog.
This one really pumps up the intensity of the traditional pushup to get results fast!
- Step 1: Place the 2 kettlebells on the floor shoulder width apart.
- Step 2: Get into pushup position (either on your knees or your toes) Place your hands on the flat part or grasp the handle of each kettlebell.
- Step 3: Lower your body towards the ground leading with your chest.
- Step 4: Press back up into starting position.
So remember, your arms need love, too. Make sure that your amazing bikini body is well rounded by incorporating these exercises into your routine two to three times a week.
Looking for another arm workout? Check out our Love Your Arms video below: