Cutting down on red meat? No problem! You can still enjoy a delicious burger without worrying about your waistline. The Worcestershire sauce in this recipe packs it full of flavor, resulting in a juicy, flavorful burger that is sure to become a summertime favorite at your family’s backyard barbecue. Try serving these burgers up with one of our favorite side dishes, our Skinny Baked Sweet Potato Chips (shown in photos).
» Looking for more healthy living ideas, workouts and recipes? Check us out on Pinterest!
Pro tip: To save a few calories and Weight Watchers Points Plus, try the burger sans buns! Ditching the buns will result in a 224-calorie and 6 WWP+ burger. Yum!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 turkey burger and bun
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, 90-10
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, 2-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, using clean hands, combine the set-aside onions, and the rest of the turkey burger ingredients together.
- Form into 4 equal-sized turkey burgers.
- Lightly grease the grill grates, and cook the burgers for 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Serve with a bun and optional toppings as desired.
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.