Taco night, while a staple in the weekly meal schedule, doesn’t always satisfy those Mexican cuisine cravings. When tacos just aren’t going to cut it, this recipe is a delicious alternative that will revamp your family’s excitement.
These enchiladas are slathered in a tangy red sauce that compliments the rich flavors of the lean ground beef or sirloin. Plus, the green chilies give this dish a slight punch that will kick your energy into gear! Don’t wear out Taco Tuesdays when you can whip up these enchiladas in less than 20 minutes. If you need a bed of rice for these babies, why not try out our Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Brown Rice for a well-rounded meal? One taste of this delicious and nutritious recipe will restore your family’s faith in a weekly tradition!
Recipe: Easy Beef Enchiladas
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 2 enchiladas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 8 large high-fiber, low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef and the onions. Brown the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add the green chiles and 1 can of enchilada sauce, and stir together to combine.
- Fill each tortilla evenly, and roll them up, placing them seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover the tortillas with the remaining can of enchilada sauce, and the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sides are bubbly.
Calories from fat: 171
Saturated Fat: 6g
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.