Dark Chocolate Matcha Date Bars
adapted from Little Market Kitchen
Date Bar Ingredients (makes 12 bars or 24 squares)
- 9 oz. pitted dates (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 4 oz Almonds (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp maple
Date Bar Instructions
- Chop or pulse almonds in food processor until they're just little bits and pieces. Alternatively, use slivered almonds if you prefer.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blitz until completely combined. Your dough may form a ball, or it may form several clumps, depending on your food processor.
- Once all the ingredients are totally worked into one another (about two minutes), turn off food processor.
- Dump the contents of your food processor onto a piece of parchment paper and form into a lump.
- Using your hands, press the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Wrap in saran or parchment paper and chill on a flat surface in your refrigerator at least two hours before cutting.
- Cut into desired size of bars (or use a cookie cutter for fun shapes!).
- Lightly dust with a bit more matcha powder.
- To store, place parchment paper between bars to keep from sticking and keep in the fridge.