We love a good time saving, life making and all around easier way to do things. Our beauty routine is a perfect place to start. It seems to get longer and more complicated -- not that we are complaining, we love a good contour and highlighting sesh. However, something has to give! With limited time in the morning or before a girls night out post-work, a quick beauty hack or solution to a makeup headache is always in style.
Bobby Pins to the Rescue
What you will need: bobby pins, eyelash glue, fake eyelashes
A steady hand for applying fake eyelashes is a must and even the slightest move could result in a glue disaster - until now. Your trusty bobby pin to the rescue.
1. Take the tip of a bobby pin and dab some eyelash glue onto it.
2. Spread the glue along the base of the false eyelashes.
3. Wait a few seconds for the glue to become tacky and apply.
Quick Mani Must
What you will need: small bowl, cold water, ice
If you are on-the-go, this manicure quick-dry method will be your new bestie. No need to add an extra 20 minutes -- which we know you do not have -- to your routine, just add ice! The cold water and ice will set the paint and help your nails dry faster.
1. Fill a bowl that is large enough to fit your fingers with a few ice cubes and water.
2. Soak your nails for approximately 2-3 minutes after painting them, try not to let the ice touch your nails.
In a Pinch Eye Liner
What you will need: mascara, liner brush or thin eye shadow brush
Traveling or just plum out of luck if you have run out of eye liner, no need to fret, you can use your mascara instead. If you have a liner brush or a thin eye shadow brush, grab those and your dependable mascara for the perfect liquid liner solution.
1. Dip an eye liner on the edge of the mascara tube, covering the brush with the mascara gel.
2. Brush over the mascara brush scraping off any extra clumps or gel.
3. Line your eyes just as you normally would your liner!
What you will need: spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, a coin approximately the size of your eyeshadow
You drop your favorite eyeshadow and as you carefully open the lid, your worst fear is realized: the shadow has broken into giant pieces and powder is spilling out everywhere. The worst. This trick works on quite a few powder products such as your favorite bronzer, blush or eyeshadow. It has also fallen in the "Pinterest Fail" category more than once, why does Pinterest make it seem so easy and you end up with a soaking wet mess? We have the ultimate hack that truly makes this trick so easy: your spare change.
1. Fill your empty spray bottle with the rubbing alcohol, then spray your eyeshadow with the alcohol so it is slightly creamy consistency.
2. Take a coin that is the right size for your eyeshadow and press it into the wet powder. If you cannot find a coin that is the correct size, try a spoon or wrap a tissue around the coin.
3. Continue to pack the powder back together for approximately 30 seconds.
What you will need: mascara, saline solution
Good Womanistas know that you're only supposed to keep mascara for three months to avoid bacteria that could lead to eye infections. However, if your mascara dries up within that time, what are you to do? Water won't help the cause, but another liquid that is probably in your bathroom will revive it.
1. Carefully pour 3-4 drops of saline solution directly into the mascara tube.
2. Place the mascara wand in the tube and work the saline drops in the tube.
3. Add a few additional drops if mascara wand is looking chalky or dry.