Satisfy your savory and sweet tooth this Easter with some of these divine brunch recipes. Make room for those sweets by knocking out some calories from your morning to mid-afternoon meal. From eggs and frittatas to microwave muffins and breakfast cookies, we have your spring cravings covered.
1. Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole: If you are in charge of the family breakfast, this is a great choice! You can prepare it a few days before the relatives arrive and put it in the oven that morning for a stress-free and tasty start to the day!
2. PB + J Healthy Oatmeal Cookies: These breakfast cookies are sure to please any picky family member! They are a classic throwback, but better! The best part? The ingredients are nothing out of the ordinary so you won't need to make a run to the grocery to make them! (via Skinnytaste)
3. Apple Oven-Baked Pancake: Don't worry about trying to flip this crazy pancake! It's family sized and ready to eat in 30 minutes, plus the fiber pancake mix is great for your digestion! (via Live Better America)
6. Skinny Chicken and Vegetable Frittata: This dish is a great breakfast because it starts you off with 5 different veggies and lean protein from the chicken and eggs! Serve it with some fresh orange juice and wrap up the leftovers for the rest of the week!
7. Blueberry Muffin in a Bowl: Instead of running out and buying a bunch of high-cal muffins to feed the family, serve up some of this delicious muffin flavor in a bowl! There are even strawberry, chocolate and cinnamon variations so you can impress the whole crew! (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
8. Skinny Banana French Toast Bake: If you love the classic french toast, then this is a spin you'll go bananas for! This dish requires overnight sitting in the fridge, but the steps to make it are crazy easy! Perfect for any classy brunch you're hosting or when you just want a nice surprise for your family.
9. Skinny Breakfast Nachos: Mexican food is always a great dinner hit, but breakfast? Yes! These skinny nachos are fun and delicious for the whole family.
10. Super Healthy Carrot Cake Waffles: It's really hard to pass up any sort of waffle, and carrot cake is an Easter classic! Plus, it's super good for you! Even the cream cheese icing is skinny! (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
11. Skinny Crustless Quiche: This is the perfect brunch recipe because it's low cal and super tasty! Plus, who doesn't love an easy dish that looks like it took hours to make?!
12. Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles: Like we said before, waffles are the best! And these fresh tasting waffles are a great way to kick off the warm weather! Not to mention you can make them with a fiber-pancake mix to help digestion. (via Live Better America)
13. Cranberry Oatmeal Banana Bake: This is a great dish for a long day because the prep time is short and the result is delicious! If there are leftovers, you can add a spoonful of cool whip free for a great dessert!
14: Skinny Mini Banana Pancakes: If you have extra bananas laying around waiting to turn, whip up some of these little guys! They make for a great brunch and you can top them with any bananas you didn't use, or some powdered sugar and fresh berries!
15: Baked Gluten-Free Vegan Donuts: Donuts and skinny in the same sentence? You bet! These are made in a mini donut maker or donut pan, but if you have neither, you can make them as mini muffins! (via Pure2Raw)0comments
What's your favorite brunch meal? How will you make it skinny this Easter?
About Author, Jenna Gross: A communication major of the University of Cincinnati, Jenna is also pursuing minors in electronic media and marketing as well as a certificate in public relations. She enjoys reading, writing and spending time with friends and family. Jenna intends to purse a career in communication and public relations.