Cookouts and backyard parties quickly fill up your schedule as the days get longer and the weather gets warmer. The menus stay classic, but after a while, the drink menu of sweet tea, soda and beer gets a little dull. And if you want to stay healthy? You're basically stuck drinking water. But try serving these skinny tropical drinks at your next summer party to switch things up, whether you're looking for a spiked treat or family-friendly refresher. They'll have you cranking up your favorite summer tunes and longing for the nearest beach.
1. Skinny Watermelon Martinis: At any great summer barbecue, there will already be watermelon. So why not make it the main ingredient in your refreshing cocktails, too? These martinis have a fresh taste and you'll drink these guilt-free as they only have 130 calories. Get the recipe here!
2. Blueberry-Lime Margarita: Normally, margaritas are at the top of "don't touch" lists for cocktails based on the high calorie content they pack. But this skinny version is more flavorful and is only 125 calories! Your guests will thank you for making this treat. (via Eating Well)
12. Non-Alcoholic Pina Colada Smoothie: Guests of all ages can enjoy this piña colada. It's a blended frozen treat that can be made and served instantly, so you can prepare them hassle-free! (via Eat Drink Love)
13. Non-Alcoholic Citrus Smoothie: This is a natural, chilled smoothie made with only fruit, milk and ice, making it a guilt-free pleasure to serve at your barbecues. It's the perfect combination of tang and sweetness that everyone will be sure to enjoy. (via Bright Eyed Baker)
3. Sparkling Sea Breeze Cocktails: This Family Fresh Cooking recipe is made with cranberry and grapefruit juices and is garnished with fresh lemons and limes, making it the perfect drink for warm summer nights. And how cute are these handmade washi tape flags that replace cliché umbrella toppers?
4. Fresh Peach Mojito: Fresh peaches and limes pair perfectly in this minty mojito. This drink only has 167 calories, but you can use sugar substitutes to cut more calories without sacrificing flavor. (via Diabetic Living)
5. The Porcupine: This recipe is made with white wine and pale ale beer, so it will be a hit with your beer-drinking friends! If you plan to make this drink for your guests, prepare it in advance as it needs time to chill in the fridge prior to your party. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
6. Coconut-Water Vodka Cocktail: This simple, three-ingredient cocktail will have you breaking out your hula skirt. Coconut water is the main ingredient in this drink, so it has a light, tropical taste and the orange garnish give it the perfect hint of fruity flavor. (via Martha Stewart)
7. Skinnygirl™ Sunrise: Try lemon vodka in this delicious fruity cocktail for a new take on tequila sunrise. Despite its name, this drink will be a hit at your afternoon summer parties. (via Skinnygirl)
8. Skinnygirl™ Suntan: Coconut flavors can leave you dreaming of sunshine and beaches, but crafting this cocktail for your backyard barbecue is just fine. If you can't take off for Hawaii, you can bring the tropics to you! (via Skinnygirl)
9. Non-Alcoholic Summertime Aguas Frescas: Popular in Mexico and Central America, agua frescas are made simply of blended fruit, water, lime juice and a touch of sweetener. They are cool, tasty treats that can be made with a variety of fruits, so you can customize them based on your guests' favorites. (via Cookie and Kate)0comments
10. Non-Alcoholic Raspberry Peach Lemonade: Try this drink from Eat Drink Love for a refreshing lemonade that pairs well with any cookout menu. It adds pizzazz to a classic summertime cooler and your friends will beg you for the recipe!