Why are we hungry only an hour after lunch? Our stomachs feel like we never ate that salad, and now we're left hungry and staring down the clock until we get home to make dinner. Here at Skinny Mom, we make it our job to provide you with healthy and fast meal options, and we're about to do just that. The following 52 recipes will keep you full longer, and they don't take hours to make! Hurrah!
1. Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps: This wrap is colorful — and that's a good thing! Packed with protein and nutrients, this wrap will keep you full longer and satisfy your cravings for bold flavors. Get the full ingredient list here.
2. Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed peppers are a top power food, packed to the gills with amazing flavors and nutrients. One serving is only 268 calories too! Find the recipe right here.
3. Santa Fe Chopped Salad: This refreshing salad is about to be your new favorite.The fresh veggies combine in a nutritious crunch while the cumin and chili powder give you that classic summer taste. Click here for the recipe.
4. Light Egg Salad: A simple egg salad sandwich can cure your lunchtime cravings. Put it on whole grain bread and you have a healthy and delicious sandwich. Get the recipe here.
5. Skinny Chicken Salad: The classic version of chicken salad is crazy high in fat and calories — but not anymore! We've created a healthy version that you can eat plain, on a sandwich, or on a whole wheat cracker. Our recipe for chicken salad is definitely on the lighter side, but it doesn’t skimp on flavor. Check it out here.
6. Chicken and Broccoli Quinoa Bake: Creamy sauce and panko crumbs give this baked casserole the crunchy, satisfying flavors you want after a long day at the office. The quinoa acts as a healthy substitute for rice, and the chicken delivers your much-needed protein! Power food? Absolutely! You can print copies of this yummy recipe for your friends here!
7. Superfoods Detox Soup: This soup is full of powerful superfoods that kickstart your metabolism and deliver tons of cleansing nutrients and fiber. Think: kale, cabbage, lentils, beans, sweet potatoes… the list goes on and on! Find this recipe here!
8. Loaded Chicken, Cheese and Veggie Calzone: We take our favorite things and make them skinny — so of course we made a healthy version of the calzone! This yummy hot-pocket is filled with chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, ricotta, mozzarella and a myriad of flavorful spices to make this calzone a healthy meal for your entire family. It pairs perfectly with asparagus or a green salad. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare, too. Can you believe it? Here it is!
9. Classic Tuna Salad: Traditional tuna salad is full of mayonnaise and fat. To make it skinny, we cut out some of that mayo and used plain, nonfat Greek yogurt instead! You'll get all the nutrients and protein without all those calories. The recipe can be found here!
10. Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon: Salmon is a lean protein (this recipe contains 24 grams of protein and only 5 grams of fat!) and is tasty to boot! This is definitely one of our favorite power meals. Find the recipe here.
11. Light & Easy BLT Wrap: Who doesn’t love a warm, crunchy BLT? Our waistlines, that’s who. The calorie, sodium and fat counts that bacon packs is unreal — but if you find the right cut and bake it rather than fry it, you’ll have less to worry about in the nutrition department .Click here for our skinny BLT recipe.
12. Copycat Chipotle® Barbacoa Bowl: Craving Chipotle? Do your coworkers head to Chipotle on lunch break for a calorie-packed meal? We made a recipe that mimics this lunchtime favorite. It delivers on taste without packing on the calories. Get the recipe by clicking here.
13. Skinny Sausage Zucchini Boats: Do you struggle getting your kids to eat their veggies? Not anymore. These zucchinis are shaped like boats, making them an intriguing shape to children. If the shape doesn't get them eating, the smell certainly will. Click here for the recipe.
14. Mushroom and Asparagus Casserole: This casserole is packed with fiber, making it a healthy alternative to the high-fat, high-calorie casseroles you might be used to. The kicker? It tastes delicious. Here’s our recipe.
15. Peach and Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich: If that flavor combo sounds a little strange to you now, we promise that it won’t once you’ve bitten into the ooey gooey deliciousness. Plus, at 273 calories per sandwich, you won’t feel bad preparing this for a quick lunch for the kiddos! Click here for the tasty recipe!
16. Portobello + Lime Breakfast Tacos: There's no shame in being taco-obsessed, but why not try a unique twist on this Mexican favorite? Instead of meat, The Shrinking Kitchen used portobello mushrooms. Yes, you heard that correctly! It's amazing, and it takes less than 30 minutes. This is a perfect breakfast or lunch if you're craving a meal that's bursting with flavor, texture and flair! Here’s the yummy recipe.
17. Skinny Vegetarian Mexican Chili: High fiber and high protein? That's right. This chili is so good for you that it leaves wiggle room for reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat Mexican cheese on top. Check it out by clicking here.
18. Skinny Low-Country Gumbo: We love gumbo. We love gumbo more when we know that it's healthy — and this gumbo is definitely healthy with its abundance of okra, red pepper, cayenne and celery. Check it out here!
19. Quinoa and Vegetable Stir-Fry: This stir-fry is healthy. (Words we never thought we'd hear in the same sentence. Stir-fry...healthy?) With fresh vegetables like peas, onions and carrots paired with quinoa and even eggs, this stir fry is the perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a hungry, healthy mom. Here’s our delicious recipe.
20. Skinny Chickpea and Vegetable Couscous: Don't forget the pistachio crumbles on top of this savory (and totally healthy) dish. It makes a perfect side to chicken kabobs or fish! Oh yeah, and it can be served hot or cold. Even better. Here’s how to make it!
21. Healthy Chicken Quinoa Power Bowl: This is the ultimate power meal. You'll be dreaming of lunch all morning with this yummy dish packed in your lunchbox. Even better, it'll give you energy so you don't fall asleep in front of your computer. (Raise your hand if you're guilty of this!) Where has this recipe been all our lives? The recipe is here!
22. Nepenthe’s Garbanzo and Kidney Bean Salad: This simple side from Marin Mama Cooks show off a couple of our favorites: garbanzo and kidney beans. Yum! Click here to see the recipe.
23. Green Power House Salad: This salad is high in fiber and low in calories — a match made in skinny heaven! Click here for our original recipe.
24. Greek Tortellini Salad: We love lettuce-based salads, but sometimes you gotta mix it up! This Greek Tortellini Salad is rich in flavor, and packed with pasta, feta and veggies. Even better is that it only contains 198 per serving, making it a healthy alternative to the regular Ranch-soaked salads! Check it out here.
25. Pineapple Chicken Salad Wraps: The pineapple and Greek yogurt give this chicken salad a wonderful, irresistible sweetness. Use this recipe on Power Planning Sunday, and make enough wraps to last you through Wednesday or Thursday! For the full recipe, click here.
26. Open-Faced Turkey Patty Melt: Lunch wasn't meant to be boring. Switch up your routine with this fantastic turkey melt. It's sure to bring envious looks from your coworkers! Click here for the recipe.
27. The Ultimate Pizza Quesadilla: Quesadilla plus pizza? Can we get an amen? This yummy combo is rich with flavor and will satisfy your cravings for a warm, rich meal. See how it’s done by clicking here!
28. Chicken Teriyaki: Use the leftovers of this yummy meal for lunch tomorrow, or pack it in your kids' lunches! It's a skinny take on one of our food court favorites, and yeah, we love it. Get this recipe here.
29. Skinny California Roll Wraps: At only 164 calories per wrap, this new take on a California roll will make your co-workers jealous. Your new lunchtime favorite is made with brown rice, avocado and tomatoes to make this an easy, healthy choice. Click here to get the recipe.
30. Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Cilantro-Lime Mayo: It has mayo and it's still skinny? Yes! This yummy panini from has a killer southwest kick to it, and is packed full of flavor. (via Marin Mama Cooks)
31. Turkey Wrap with Apples and Brie: Everyone knows that turkey and brie are a match made in heaven — but apples? This yummy turkey wrap incorporates our favorite fruit, giving it a unique flavor that you won't soon forget. It's easy to make, too! Just pop it into a panini press, skillet or oven for fantastic, flavor-filled results. Check it out here.
32. Avocado, Mozzarella and Jalapeno Chimichurri Grilled Cheese: This is not the grilled cheese your mom used to make! With jalapeños, green onion, cilantro and lime, your taste buds will thank you for this flavorful sandwich. (via Naturally Ella)
33. Skinny PB & Banana Protein Wrap: Some days you crave your old-fashioned PB and banana sandwich. But when you live an on-the-go lifestyle, dressing it up in a wrap will be the perfect solution. Try this wrap here.
34. Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad: This gorgeous salad looks almost too good to eat. With sweet potatoes, pomegranate, feta and pepitas, taste this salad and indulge in every healthy bite. Check it out here.
35. Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Quesadilla: This quesadilla has ricotta, which we love. Plus the chicken adds some much-needed protein to your diet, making this a healthy power lunch to get you through the workday, or so you don't fall asleep folding laundry. The best news yet? It's only 190 calories per serving. (via Clean Eating Mag)
36. Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Pistachio Flatbread: Embrace your wild side with this flatbread, adding asparagus, goat cheese and pistachios to create a surprisingly yummy flavor. We love the adventurous combination, and of course it's healthy and delicious! (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
37. Cheesy Spaghetti Squash: A part of Family Fresh Cooking’s Project Lunchbox, this spaghetti squash is the ideal office lunch. She recommends packing sides of whole grain Goldfish crackers and baby carrots or tomatoes for a delicious, nutritious meal. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
38. Whole Wheat Pita, Sliced Turkey Breast, Apple and Goat Cheese: Avoid the sodium and empty calories with this healthy pita wrap, filled with delicious ingredients that don't have hidden chemicals. (via Pure Wow)
39. Roasted Harvest Veggie, Curried Avocado + Coconut Rice Bowl: We are in awe of this power bowl. It is jam-packed with healthy, natural ingredients like squash, coconut, Brussels sprouts and maple syrup. (The list goes on!) (via Half Baked Harvest)
40. Spicy Sweet Potato and Green Rice Burrito Bowls: We can't help it. We love burrito bowls, and we know you do too! This yummy vegan meal is the perfect high-energy lunch you need, plus it tastes great reheated. It boasts sweet potatoes, black beans and green rice. (via Cookie & Kate)
41. Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Lime Quinoa: The stars have aligned with this high-power burrito bowl. The chicken and lime go perfectly together, plus the added honey gives it just a touch of sweetness. Healthy and delicious — it's the perfect combination. (via How Sweet It Is)
42. Edamame Chickpea Power Salad With Avocado-Lime Dressing: This vegan, gluten-free salad is low in calories, and even includes cashews and apples for added flavor. (via 86 Lemons)
43. Mediterranean Vegan Bowl: This meal isn't hot, but that doesn't mean it's not delicious and beneficial for you. Containing grains and legumes, this vegan bowl is filling and yummy. Add homemade hummus and you're all set! (via Culinary Hill)
44. Detox Wrap With Sunflower Seed Spread: This healthy wrap only takes 15 minutes to create, making it the perfect lunch for a busy day. Feel free to use whatever veggies you have in your fridge! (via Hello Glow)
45. Kale & Avocado Hummus Wrap: This wrap contains three of our favorite things — and they're all healthy for you! It's packed with protein, and will hardly take five minutes to create. (That's what we like to hear!) (via Hello Glow)
46. Peach Kale Salad: This yummy salad is the perfect combo of savory and sweet — with healthy kale leaves, rich walnuts and sweet peaches. Get ready for energy and a happy belly! (via Marla Meridith)
47. Steak Salad With Chimchurri Sauce: This salad is all natural — there's nothing fake about it! Plus it's delicious and packed with nutrients. (via 24 Carrot Life)
48. Easy Baked Chicken Chimichangas: These chimichangas look amazing. You can make them even skinnier by substituting reduced-fat cream cheese instead of regular and using low-fat cheese. Plus it doesn't take long to make! Perfect. (via Garnish With Lemon)
49. Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Zoodles: Nixing the wheat pasta and opting for zucchini noodles instead (or zoodles, as we like to refer to them in the food blogger world), this recipe is yummy and not super high in calories, coming in at 286 calories per serving. (via The Iron You)
Click "next" below for more power lunches.
50. Raw Spiralized Beet & Mandarin Salad with Mint: We love, love, love beets! In case the spiraling gets too difficult or time consuming for you, chopping them into small cubes will work just as well. At 184 calories per serving, this non-lettuce based salad is the perfect meal to boost your mood and your energy! (via Skinnytaste)
51. Open-Faced Classic Tuna Melt: This low-calorie, low-fat tuna melt is the perfect lightened up recipe when you’re craving a good old fashioned sandwich. Leaving it open-faced will cut out carbs and using Greek yogurt will ensure that the fat count stays as low as possible. Here's the recipe.
52. Lemon Pepper Shrimp Quinoa: Don't get caught staring idly into the fridge looking for a meal to appear out of thin air. Make this quick and easy dish instead! Check it out here.